Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 14" Campagnolo Turbines from a '74 spider on my '88.
14" is just too small. And the 195-60 tires are just to "balooney" for me.
I'm thinking of going for 16" wheels, but I have reservations as to how it will impact turning radius and if it will be too hard on the flexiflyer frame. Escpecially with Koni's and Linearossa springs.
Any comments on 16s?
What about offset?
The 4x108 bolt pattern makes it hard enough to find a nice wheel.

If 16's are OK, then I think I'll get some nice 5-spoke dealies with Bridgestone Potenza 205-50 Z rated boots.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Your 88 has a stiffer chassis than most of the earlier Spiders. But, if you put too much rubber on the road, you lose the fun feel of the Spider's original design.

If you want a nice set of 16" wheels, go check out www.serpentautosport.com. They also have some pretty cool flairs if that's your style.

Cheers,

·
Registered
325 Posts
Serpent Wheels

Boy those wheels sure look nice...and I was hoping to go with some Panasports down the road but now I'll have some thinking to do.

Anybody seen a S4 Spider with Panasports? I love my Daytona style wheels but I'm a little bored with them.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Panasports are nice, but tend to look better on the earlier cars IMHO. I think the Serpent wheels would look great on a Series IV! I think they have one on the photo section of the website, no?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
The 4x108 pattern is not that uncommon.

The Ford Focus and Mercury Cougar have the same pattern, but one does have to check the offset.

And the 4 bolt Mustang is 4x4.25, which is within a few thousanths of 108mm.

I know there is a bunch of aftermarket stuff for Focuses now.

Eric

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yeah I think Duettos look great with Panasports. If you get a nice Serpent wheel though, they come with a built in excuse to get nice looking rotors and paint the calipers too!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Serpent wheels

I've been running a set of Charlie DiMarco's 16x7.5 Serpent Autosport wheels with Kumho 225/40/16 tires for months and I love them. Parking lot turning is a little harder, but the overall handling improvement is well worth it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts