Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're starting to look for some 16" wheels for our new GTV6 Lemons car. How wide a wheel can we fit? We would like to run at least 7.5" Trying to keep the per wheel cost down as we need 8 and these can get a little banged up.

·
Registered
377 Posts
there are (many) others who are most likely more qualified to respond than me but isn't the harder question, and maybe the first question, what tires do you plan to run on and what sizes are available, and since tire dimensions are sort of but not really the same (2 similar "sized" tires from 2 different manufactures are probably not exactly identical in real/actual dimensions), what is the max size that will fit.

also there are economies of scale at work here (the more tires that can be made and sold, the cheaper they are), and some manufactures may offer a price break to unload fresh but no longer "hot" sizes.

regardless... good luck and good lap times.

·
Registered
377 Posts
forgot to mention, FWIW, 225/50 15's will sort of fit (you'll need to trim the inner portion of the air dam to get full lock in the fronts and be very careful about tail squat under full acceleration with a lowered car may cut the tires from the rear inner fender flares.

Personally and while I liked alot my Kumho Ecsta 710's in 225/50, in the back of my mind I always wondered if the 205/50 (also also Ecsta 710's) weren't better suited and better "balanced" for the '6 (not wheel-to-wheel raced, but time trialed alot for a lot of years.)

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I think I may be moving to 17" wheels for my track wheels. So my Kosei K1 16 X 7.5 ET 30 maybe up for sale. They weigh about 15lbs each. Re-drilled for 5x98mm and 58.1 hub. Fits perfect for the Alfa. Wheels in good shape, in case you are interested. I will need to confirm if I can get my 17" in time for the next track day.

·
Registered
40 Posts
two cents' worth -
Consider also, the back spacing. A good friend has fitted an Alfetta GT for the track (only) and as I remember, he had a size/width limitation on the inside in the rear. I think he's running 15 x 7 with a spacer in the rear, just so he can run all four of the same wheels. Tires are race only, and I think they're Hoosiers; no clue on size.

worth exactly what you paid for this info....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts