Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1985 GTV6
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was day dreaming the other day so after some quick photoshopping (actually Photopea'ing) I came up with this.

Ferrari (front) wheel specs are: 16"x7", 5x108mm, ET15
Alfa GTV6 Ronal's (currently mounted) are: 15"x7", 5x98mm, ET25

Is it possible to change out/modify the hubs for a 108 bolt diameter? Otherwise they could fit!??!

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
There are tons of wheel adapter suppliers out there. Just need to find one that can help with the rare 5x98 BCD on these cars. I'm sure they can custom make aswell. Not cheap.

·
Premium Member
1,609 Posts
They are pretty much the same as the Crommadoras that were available as an option on Alfettas. Are Alfetta same hub size as GTV6? I can't recall.

·
Registered
712 Posts
The wheels will poke out the extra thickness of the adapters. From image you attached, I think tires are where they need to be. Do you have the clearance to bring out another inch?

Custom hubs will result in only 10mm of extra clearance needed. I really like this idea, as someone should make a set at 5x100. Front hubs are easy, rears will need splines machined to accept driveshaft. I think they need heat treating after machining. So might be super expensive.

Using the Ferrari hubs...hmmmm..

·
Registered
712 Posts
I believe they can, if it's at least 12 mm thk. Although an analysis of the remaining area needs to be made. The brake rotor retention bolts make this not as easy as it seems. I remember the rear hubs had a boss where the studs were, so in between the studs it's thinner.
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I was day dreaming the other day so after some quick photoshopping (actually Photopea'ing) I came up with this.

Ferrari (front) wheel specs are: 16"x7", 5x108mm, ET15
Alfa GTV6 Ronal's (currently mounted) are: 15"x7", 5x98mm, ET25

Is it possible to change out/modify the hubs for a 108 bolt diameter? Otherwise they could fit!??!

View attachment 1740812
If you like that style of wheel, Alfa 9 has similar Lancia Stratos repro wheel that is a direct fit for the GTV6.

Alfa 9

·
Registered
1985 GTV6
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reactions: alfalfa53

·
Registered
712 Posts
Actually, I think it's unlikely the bearing spacing between inner and outer will be the same, and even more unlikely that the offset will be the same.

I know many vehicles uses the same rear bearing as the Milano. The E36 (5x120) and E30 (4x100) BMW's uses this bearing...one of these days I will check this. Having BMW stuff not work out is cheap, where getting a Ferrari part to see if it fits and fail, will be expensive. It's unlikely Ferrari will send drawings.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Aren't your options?.....

1. Have a machine shop weld your rotor hats closed, machine them, and re-drill to Ferrari bolt circle.

2. Have a machine shop weld your Ferrari wheels closed, machine them, and re-drill to Alfa bolt circle.

Both may require a custom centerboard ring.

10mm difference in bolt circle diameter, what will you hit?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts