Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iHi Guys..

Ive just finished rebuilding my very first GTV and i am on the quest for more power... since twin spark engines are exrtemely rare in South Africa I would like to swap my GTVs engine with the Alfetta 159i 2000 engine that features EFI.

What I want to know is will the 159 engine just bolt onto my 2000 gearbox or since the Alfettas gearbox is at the rear of the car will I have to mod some parts of the cranc or input shaft of the gearbox to geteverything to fit and work properly??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have contacted davie and he says the best way to go is the 159i head and EFI system on my current bottom end so.
The main reason i want the EFI system is because i want to turbocharge the engine.

Now immediately you will tell me to use Dellorto turbo carbs , the only set i could find had a price tag of R10 000. madness. i can buy a complete running driving 159i for half the price and its much easier to tune and maintain than a carb system.

im thinking il use a 4mm copper headgasket to drop the compression slightly..

I appreciate all the help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can anyone post a picture of the rear part of crankshaft where the flywheel bolts onto so that i can see what im dealing with?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Berlinista you have been very helpfull to me thanks for all the help and advice..

mine is RHD so there is more than enough space for the manifold and turbo. i cant seem to find a 75TB engine but i will keep on trying..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts