Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all.

i am the happy owner of my 159 sportwagon.

i would love to know opinions about this car from american people.

any 159 arrived in usa? ever saw it in your travels ecc...

thanks

·
Registered
573 Posts
hi all.

thanks
I saw one at O'hare airport in Chicago going back to Italy a few years ago. The 156 is a better looking car in my opinion, but the 159 is still nice. The 156 was a trend setter when it was first shown in 1996/7 and was copied by almost every other sports sedan maker on earth. The 159 looked more mainstream other than the front end and was a bit of a styling copy itself, although a pretty one.

Tom Tanner/Scale Designs/Ferrari Expo 2012-Chicago March 2012

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Saw many a 159, esp the wagon, in Italy. Would have like to bring one home with me. Crazy Italians wouldn't rent me one, because I said I was interested. Actually, our dealer here had the same problem. Figure that one out. Also drove a black 2010 Sport Wagon with 19 inch Wheels in Oslo, Norway at the downtown dealer. He really wanted to sell me that one. I really wanted to buy it, but, alas, no way to do it.

Also there was one, a wagon in Seattle on loan to Microsoft for some sort of computer entertainment system work I guess. It had to go back I suspect.

·
Registered
398 Posts
hi all.

thanks

Congrats on such a beautiful wagon! I never saw it on US ground, but once they're available at the dealers here – I think I’d be first one at the gate! Two thumbs up man :cool: Share some photos...

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
We will never see a legal 159 being sold here in the US. The Feds will not let it in even if it clearly meets crash and pollution standards in Europe, which are easily as strict as ours, just written a little differently. The Feds are paranoid about this sort of idiotic bureaucracy, evidently some weenies in the government think that the Europeans are backward or behind us in this. Believe me, they are not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
friday i will post some pictures...

i bought it in june and never had the time to do some pics.

i don't wanna loose a second to drive it!!! lol

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Sorry about that. I thought everybody knew that. Think of how I felt after I had driven that really neat all black 2010 tricked out 159 Sport Wagon in Oslo, and yet couldn't take it home.

I suppose there might be one way to get one. Buy a nice one in Europe, lock it in a garage, and wait until the car is 25 years (I think that is the requirement) old, and then import it as a 25 year or older vintage car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts