Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was looking for an Alfa - long story short ended up with an Audi a4 2.0T Quattro Avant. Obviously a very nice car, solid, smooth and powerful, a wagon so practical etc. but I still yearn for an Alfa.

I have seen a 159 3.2 v6 for sale, - Q tronic 6 speed auto. I am tempted to flick the Audi on, and go for the 159.

Just wanted opinions on this car - obviously a bit thirstier than the A4, and probably not really any quicker, is my heart shouting too loud and my head should have a bigger say?

advice, help, abuse and mockery please.

Also could be interested in a 156 or 159 manual or something if anyone was interested in swapping or selling.

cheers

·
Registered
237 Posts
As a replacement for the Audi I suggest you just go for a 156 V6 manual (6 speed). The 159 is quite a bit heavier. The 156 is much cheaper but use the extra cash to get the cambelt and water pump done plus any other deferred maintenance. The busso engine is devine and you'll never regret it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As a replacement for the Audi I suggest you just go for a 156 V6 manual (6 speed). The 159 is quite a bit heavier. The 156 is much cheaper but use the extra cash to get the cambelt and water pump done plus any other deferred maintenance. The busso engine is devine and you'll never regret it!
Thanks, what do you think about this one. needs cam belt doing:

dubdubdub.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1765389949

As daily driver 200km commute 2x week over the whangamoas
cheers

·
Registered
237 Posts
I like the look of that one - interesting colour. Price is okay given it's from a dealer.

If you're doing that sort of ks, the car will love it and so will you! Keep the servicing up.

Make sure you get someone who knows what they are doing to change the cambelt - I bought one that had been done badly (hadn't even changed the waterpump),

good luck...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.