Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've seen a couple of posts (mainly older) across a number of sites that suggest the 156 (early) seats fit without too much hassle in the 75/Milano. However, none of the posts actually confirm it! Nor do any have photos. So I'm wondering if this is just perpetuating a rumour based on wishful thinking (mainly my wishful thinking!).
Anyway, has anybody successfully fitted seats from an early 156 into their 75?
Many thanks for your assistance.

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,564 Posts
Hi all, I've seen a couple of posts (mainly older) across a number of sites that suggest the 156 (early) seats fit without too much hassle in the 75/Milano. However, none of the posts actually confirm it! Nor do any have photos. So I'm wondering if this is just perpetuating a rumour based on wishful thinking (mainly my wishful thinking!).
Anyway, has anybody successfully fitted seats from an early 156 into their 75?
Many thanks for your assistance.
Given that Alfa fitted Recaros in them I would think 156 seats wouldn't be hard. The floor pan is pretty flat if I remember.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Given that Alfa fitted Recaros in them I would think 156 seats wouldn't be hard. The floor pan is pretty flat if I remember.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, that's my thinking too. I'm pretty sure that they can be fitted with only minimal adaptation of the front rails. I'm just curious to see if anyone has done it... As mentioned, there are posts in the archives that suggest not only the fronts but also the rear bench fits. I've found a lovely, clean MOMO interior from an early 156 (so no seat airbags) in tan leather that I'm about to buy. Anything will be better than the crapped-out foam in my original seats! If anyone has experience with this swap I'm eager for any pointers.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
No helpful info from me but I would love to see your interior once you get them in.

Good luck with the installation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can confirm the rear bench fits fine as there's one sitting in my 75 now. It's got 156 front seats as well, but I think they might be from a later model as they have a centre armrest which I don't remember on my early 156. They fit, but not brilliantly (too high and pretty snug against the centre console and chassis rails). Will grab some pics when I can :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
It would be a good thing for me to have a list of front seats that will fit the 75/Milano; I have a Platinum with very crusty upholstery and no fondness for leather at all. My favorite version, odd as it may seem, is the tweed fabric that was used on the Silver Milanos, and some years ago the fellow at Re-Originals told me that fabric was the ONLY one available. Of course I dithered instead of simply ordering some, and last I heard it was now NLA. I do live not far from a very good upholsterer; there was a '70s Berlina he'd done sitting on the street by the shop, and it was far beyond nice. And if I do have to spend quite a bit, well, the car was a bargain, so I'm good with it!

·
Registered
90 Posts
The problem with the 75/milano is that they have quite high seat mounting points, with the seat rails bolted directly to the bottom of the seat. This is quite unusual as most cars have seats that bolt to the floor and they make up the height with seat itself and the seatrails.

Therefore there are not really any seats available that fit nicely with the same low seating position as stock. If you're a small person, not a problem. But really the only proper solution is to custom make the seat mounting points for your new seats. a 3mm steel strip with 10.9 m8 nuts welded on it, that is welded to the floor in place of the stock risers works very well and allows you to have any seat you want.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Given the paltry equipment of my "shop" and my increasingly limited agility, I think I'll actually be money ahead turning the existing seats over to a good shop, such as the one I mentioned. Discussing and picking materials will work much better if I'm given professional advice going in, and I would prefer to keep the seat mountings as they came from the factory.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
I fitted some 156 sport seats (not Recaro) to one of my 75's.
It was okay for me but I'm only 5'4" tall or should that be short!!.
The runners were bolted straight to the existing mountings on the floor on one side as the front to back spacing of the mounting holes is the same but the other one had to be spaced out by 1" as the 156 runners are 1" closer together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts