Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just thought I'd quickly introduce myself, I'm a kiwi living in the UK. I've got a nero black 156 GTA SW, fitted with a Q2.

Anyway, I'm looking at coming back home this year for an extended holiday/road trip, just wondering if there is a market for my 156 GTA SW over there once I've finished, or am I better off leaving it over here.

I know there is an understandable preference for "NZ new cars", just hoping there is an appetite for a car that has visited Le Mans and driven THE Alps... ;-)

Any advice much appreciated

Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had seen that, my car tbh is not as nice as that, although it does not have the dubious selespeed transmission.
If mine was to go for 2/3 that amount I think it would make sense to bring it across especially with the strong NZ$ at present.
Is it still pretty easy to get imported cars on the road in NZ? I have been away for 12 years now.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hi Dave...

If you could judge the market for the 156GTA wagon by the length of time that the one in Chch has been for sale than I'd say is was just about at flatline...

It's been for sale in the same dealership to my knowlege for best part of a year!

That said... If I had the money It would have been in my garage long ago (even with the Selespeed)!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A year! That is impressive..
I think in order for it to be worthwhile it would have to go for about 22k nzd to make it worth the effort.
I guess if I was to bring my one over at least it would look cheap in comparison.

·
Registered
`61 Giulietta Spider, `65 Giulia Ti 1750, `69 GT junior 1600, `73 Spider 2000, `74 GTV 2000, `98 156
1,872 Posts
It might look cheap but it is still a reasonable sum of money and the market is pretty flat for that model and price segment. I personally don`t think it is worth the effort. It is not just Alfas, it is all the prestige brands and to make things worse your model is not particularly popular. Take it from one who buys and sells Euros regularly to feed my old car restoration fix.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Might be wrong but I dont think you can comply it

I might be wrong but I have got a faint feeling that you wont be able to comply it(register it) and it would be a very expensive freighting exercise for nothing. It does not matter that there are 156's all ready here and registered, dont be fooled into that thinking. You can check this out at Your vehicle | NZ Transport Agency

Something to do with emissions compliance I think

·
Registered
1 Posts
Paste this into your browser if it's not too late. I've seen several of these before I bought my NZ new 147GTA. A number are imports (as noted in their descriptions) and have been complianced as otherwise not saleable for on road use here.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Alfa-romeo/mcat-0001-0268-0269-.htm

Type gta in blank search bar and you should get about 17 (current) listings for 147 & 156 GTAs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts