Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm new here & possibly won't be here too long now...

I have an old (1998 'S' plate) Alfa 156 2.5v6, Silver with the S2 wheels and momo wood steering wheel. I would like to find a home for. I bought it in 1999 with just a few thousand miles on the clock and it's now done almost 140,000, I've loved this car from the day I got it, but sadly (honestly) time has come to let it go, the head gasket is beginning to fail and it's blowing air into the cooling system and I simply need something I can rely upon. At the end of the day it's a 17 year old car and looks like it, but personally I think it's a future classic, from a time when Alfa snatched victory from the jaws of defeat (it was 1998 European Car of the year) and I don't think the 156 design has been improved upon by Alfa for a small/midsized sports saloon since. But maybe that's just a 15 year old partnership talking.

Yes, I could scrap it, but I'd love to see it go to someone who has the time and inclination to restore it to it's former glory which is why I'm here!

So, if you're looking for a restoration project, maybe this is where you'd like to start? I'm not far from Epsom Surrey (UK), I'm happy to post up some pics if anyone shows interest and am open to offers.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts