Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm new to the forum but have been an Alfa enthusiast/owner for a number of years.
I have a crashed 1999 2.0TS 156 saloon with a good freshly built engine in it although the rest of the car is a little bit sorry for itself. I have recently been offered a very tidy 2000 1.8TS Sportwagon with the bottom end knocking loudly. I was thinking of swapping my 2.0 litre engine into the sportwagon.
Does anyone know what I will need to swap apart from the engine itself, which ecu etc would I better to use? Is the swap generally going to be straighforward or more trouble than its worth? Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Jonathan

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
One of the Victorian Alfa Club guys I met recently swapped a 2.5 V6 into his 2 litre Sportwagon and it was pretty straight forward, so your swap should be even more so I would think. He had to change the whole loom which meant pulling the dash apart. You might not have to do that.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Yes, many have done engine swaps on 156s, it'll be best to use the ECU and exhaust manifold from the 2,0 engine - a 2000 model can have the 3 CAT exhaust; you don't want that. AFA I remember, the finel drive are the same on both 1,8 and 2,0, so use the best gearbox
Good luck
Erik

1 - 3 of 3 Posts