Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 155 V6 2.5 to run on a stock car category. There FIA regulation for these competitions. The idea of this car was to go with the brand I love, unfortunately I ran Giulia GTV which no longer allowed in this new category, and should be lowest since 1995, the 155 is the car, and I have it and is in good condition.
What makes it attractive this category is the final weight of the car, dependent on actual data from manufactures (HP and Torque) give you the weight with driver included. More power = more weight. Alfa 155 would have 170 pounds less than a type R. The category is for cars not more than 200 Hp and maximum 6-cylinder, 15-inch wheels max ... (sorry 156 2.5 192hp 17 inches) ... among other things ...
Specific theme: (helps).
ENGINE: The regulation does not allow me to make any modification to the engine and must be 100% with data produced in hand. Many pieces will be marked to avoid disturbance.
Allowed air filter, exhaust, flywheel lightening, final ratio differential, good fuel etc.
As my first 155 could someone with experience could guide me, what is the best performance out of my stock engine "without suspicions. "
As, excellent spark plugs to use, good tuning camshafts ... etc
At the end of my pride is to present the only Alfa on the track, painted as DTM and have fun.
I have only one month to prepare.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Get a squadra chip, remove the battery into the car so you can have better air intake routing, make a new airbox or use a cone filter, remove the headlights so you can get cold air into the airbox or cone filter.

Cam wise, ask alfar7, he has done a cam for my 155 V6 (RJR570 cam), if you can modify the exhaust manifold, buy the one from PS schulze, he is the only person who produces headers for the 155 V6.

Suspension wise you can get the H&R coilover kit from alfisti.net. Brakes, get the Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo setup, exhaust, 2.5" all the way to the back. Get a gearbox from a 156 V6, the 155's ration are BAD for any sort of racing, it's more of an autostrada ratio.

BTW is your car widetrack? I don't think your car can match a Type-R though.

Found a few 155 V6 racers in Japan, here's a video of one of them

·
Registered
27 Posts
yeah, if good fuel (98 octane or above) is allowed, get an engine remap (squadra is good), although if you can do a cam-swap too, you would be best off with custom software instead of a standard chip-job.

Perhaps a spaghetti exhaust manifold? remove the catalysts (if it has any) in the exhaust track

Get the biggest brakes that fit the 15" wheels, with good durable padds

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks 75evo, widetrack what you mean? There is a calculation, HP + torque divided by 2 and multiplied by 14. any car can compete.
These camshafts (RJR570 cam) and radio compression? could use the 3.0 "S" cams?
the chip would be a good investment.
nice video!
--------------------------------------
Vittorio: I use the original manifold, but think of something soon, I have in mind the 3.0 24v. the thing that seems original.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
1995 is the switchover year I think. Very early widebody cars may be found that year.

Curly, you said the engine has to be standard, what is this about the 24V then?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Curly, i think 75evo means if you car is a widebody (155 facelift) or smallbody (phase 1)
Thanks Vitorio, is a phase 1 1993.
Well the squadra chip, is a big step.

Adjustable Cam Gear: in 155 V6 can tune some degree the camshaft to gain some hp's like 4 cylinders?
heres the car

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1995 is the switchover year I think. Very early widebody cars may be found that year.

Curly, you said the engine has to be standard, what is this about the 24V then?
Yes, I meant that the only way to be original and brand should be like the exhaust manifold of the 3.0 24v 164 is tubular. the perfect match only be a SZ exhaust manifold like the picture... only an idea.

But I will concentrate on a good tuning and squadra chip.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I modified a set of 24valve 164 exhaust manifolds to fit a 12valve - not difficult, just a little time consuming.
Because the 155 uses the Fiat Tipo derived front subframe, I think the GTV v6 manifolds would be the better fit with regards to the rear manifold?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Exhaust manifold

done!! i find a pair from a 24v... i have the next tube to be the looking like the original, small diameter because is from a 164 3.0 12v.. instead from the original that is small... step by step... thanks !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Re hotter cams. If theres are fitted you are better of with something mapable, like the UniChip, which can be mapped and remapped. You can check if they have representives in you country.
Good luck with the project.
Erik

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Re hotter cams. If theres are fitted you are better of with something mapable, like the UniChip, which can be mapped and remapped. You can check if they have representives in you country.
Good luck with the project.
Erik
Thanks Erik, I remember that the car should look like stock, thought well of 164 camshaft 12V "S" would be an excellent choice... and the chip too

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One important question, the 155 uses lsd?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Open diff.

Also s cams cannot be fitted in the 155 v6 because it's too long. Contact alfar7 for 155 v6 cams.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
75evo & Erik thanks!!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Maybe best thing to do is get a 6-speed from a 156 V6 and fit a Q2. I'm looking for a 6-speed from the UK.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Maybe best thing to do is get a 6-speed from a 156 V6 and fit a Q2. I'm looking for a 6-speed from the UK.
ohh my the 156 doesnt have lsd? if fit gearbox from 156 on 155 no a problem :). but a Q2 unit... realy I must be realistic its to much money for the moment.... but having a gearbox is not a problem.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
155 V6 gearbox has poor ratios for racing. The 2nd-3rd gear gap is like the Grand Canyon. Don't spend money on the engine yet. Fix the gearbox, Q2, suspension and brakes. The engine stuff can come much later.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts