Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Looks like you might have bought Barry Mann from Orlando’s old 155?
That’s a nice car.

I have a 2001 Alfa 156 2.5 24V with an upgraded front (2003). I love my car and takes it to shows around Florida. People often ask: “what kind of car is that?”.
I wonder how many of the 156 are in the USA? Can’t be many.
Parts for the 155/156 can be found on EBay UK or other European countries.
I have some documentations on CD’s if you need?

Enjoy your car,
Erik.

We have an 2003 156 2.5 auto in Ca. Wr have had it for over 7 years. We bought it in Atlanta when we were on vacation in Fl years back. We drove it for 25 days in Fl then shipped it to Ca. It’s currently parked out front of the house I use it for store runs and trips to our car dealership. Prior to this 156 I had a 1998 twin spark 5 speed I sold it it was in New Mexico last time I heard from the new owner. I would love to see your 156 one of these days we come to Fl often grandma lives in Melbourne beach.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Nice cars of 156 model to be seen in the US!

Actually there was a thread about importing EU Version of the Giulia QF with manual gears to the US, and the conclusion was that it is impossible because of the regulations, even the EU cars are just as good as the US version.

So I wonder which possiblility is there which was not considered?

I am aware that there is an organisation that helps military service people to take their car back to the US when moving back. However looking at this organization it seemed they only offered US standard cars and not cars with EU standard bought in Europe.

So how could these 156 cars be imported to US not being US standard and not over 20 years old?

Hope somebody could answer this!

G.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Yes,

I was wondering about that.

There's a fellow in our OK Alfa Owners Club who has a 166 that was brought into the U.S, by an Italian diplomat and left behind to be sold. I think it came out of Boston or NYC, but I may have that twisted.

It is a beautiful car that sounds and runs great. Um; if only...

How many different Alfas is it OK to lust after?!

Ray

·
Registered
31 Posts
There is no limit on Alfa’s to lust after. It’s just the other half that limits my intake of them. If I tell her!!

My AR 156 was already imported prob from South America, but I’m not sure. I bought it on eBay after an accident in NY state. It was previously registered in Massachusetts. I rebuilt the car with the newer 2003 facelift front end. I spent a lot of money on the car but it now only has 33000 km and is very unique. Many people asks “what kind of car is that” or How did you get it here? We take it to Alfa shows and is normally the only 156. We have fun with it, so enjoy your 155/156/166 because they are very rare here.
Please do stop by if you’re in Florida.

I did a how to change the fricken filter Manual because it’s nearly impossible to do and remember for the next time.
Here is a link to my Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7e1wevyl6ds7o6/Oil filter change AR156 V6.docx?dl=0

The pictures are out of place after converting it into the Dropbox on my iPad but you get the idea.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts