Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am trying to complete the restoration of my -67 Duetto, and I need a set of the stock 15" steel wheels. I have been able to locate two wheels so far, so I need at least three more for a complete set.

The type I am looking for is the ones with three bosses (ears, lugs, nipples, whatever you like to call them) for the hubcaps. I believe that would be the correct wheel for the car. Currently the car sits on 4 (ugly) 14" wheels without any bosses or clips for hubcaps. Probably for the sombrero type cap. Completely wrong.

As for the style of holes, (smooth double stamped or "volcano"), I would prefer the smooth, double stamped one. The two wheels I have found, with kind assistance from Robert Little on this forum, is of the double stamped type, and of course, I would like the complete set to be of the same type. I also believe they are more common than the volcano type.

I am aware that new steel wheels with hubcap bosses are available in 14" sizes, but I like to keep the car as close to original as possible. So, 15" x 4.5" it shall be.

The car is in Sweden, but I am in the US right now (So. Cal.), so I would take care of the overseas shipment myself.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Lars

Here is a photo of the type of wheel I am looking for:
(Photo credited to Robert Little)

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

I have a set of 4 - CMR 4½x15" from the same car, with identical stamping.
Not damaged, condition is good but for a full resto, they should be resprayed.

Location Sweden (Avesta)

Regards
Gunnar

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

I have a set of 4 - CMR 4½x15" from the same car, with identical stamping.
Not damaged, condition is good but for a full resto, they should be resprayed.

Location Sweden (Avesta)

Regards
Gunnar
Hi Gunnar,

Thanks for the offer. I am definitely interested. Will send you a PM to discuss price and other things.

Regards,
Lars

1 - 3 of 3 Posts