Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always looking for straight restorable 15" x 4.5" steel wheels of the "volcano" flaired opening style...and three "FERGAT"-manufactured steel wheels of the same size for a friend in Sweden.

·
Premium Member
4,532 Posts
Do you have a picture of the style your looking for.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
As before, these are lug cap attachment and not clips, right?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steel wheels 15"x 4.5"

All: I want both style wheels as long as they are not for a 101 car or have the old clips that hold on the hubcaps. I do not have a really satisfactory photo but the name inside will indicate FERGAT as the most popular and common hole style pictured below.

The "volcano" hole opening style is a little harder to find and has a decidedly flaired opening..

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Volcano Steel Wheels 15"x 4.5"

Precisely. Your photos are what are described, colloquially, as the "volcano" style wheel.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
In a thread on Super wheels, I colloquially named them extruded "volcano" versus those with the beaded edge shown further above. Interesting that these popped up on Duettos. Thus far we can largely only seem to trace them to economy 1300 Supers.

Randy, can you discern the manufacturer?

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
Firsat....

Here you go !
Note the date of manuf...... I have seen these on the verde '68 Super that Roland found w/32k KMs. 100 % original. Also on a '66 Duetto and GTV.
I have 5 of these.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts