Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
I have the 15 x 7 Rotas sold by Centerline on my 1991 S4 spider. They require the different lug nuts supplied with the wheels but allow use of the stock studs

Do the et30 15x7 Rota's need longer studs, or different lug nuts, or are they plug and play?

Thanks for inputs-

John

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
The Rota wheels I bought came with a set of "tuner" nuts, which just don't look right to me. I've been meaning to talk to Charlie at Serpent Autosport about some longer nuts with regular hex heads.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
I am using nuts that I was using on my BWA's. I think that they were originally on a GTV with steel wheels. IAP sell new ones but they are $11.90 each.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like to buy Rota's from Aspec on Ebay and save a few hundred bucks. The lug nuts that Centerline sells are pretty cheap and I'm hoping that they will fit. It should be the same rim, but Centerline lists it as 13.9Lbs, and Aspec at 14.9. The specs look like the same Rota rim, though. My plan is to buy the metal valve stems and lugnuts through Centerline, rims from Aspec.

15x7 Rota RB Wheels 4x108 30 Alfa Romeo GTV Spider | eBay

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
I recently bought Rota's from Aspec. It took some searching to find acorn lugnuts with enough internal clearance for the length of the stock studs.

I'm quite happy with the result.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
If I recall correctly it was at AutoZone. They are Dorman Products brand -- most of the "chain" parts houses carry Dorman.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thank you for your reply. Can I as what size tire you are using? I see some people use 195/15 or 205/15. My 78 is lowered and want to make sure I get the right size tires. Once again, thank you.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought my Rotas from Centerline, and they came with the proper lugnuts and metal valve stems.

I have 195/15's and my speedo is pretty accurate; I've only checked it at 45mph and 50mph, though- against the GPS. My 86 has centerline springs and I have to take it slow over bumps or else I scrape the oil pan guard.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
I put 195/60R15 tires on the Rota wheels.
\
Me too. My speedometer is accurate and the tires look right.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks- I didn't think you could see that in the pic- I've always painted calipers silver, but this is the first black car I've owned and I couldn't help myself :wink2:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good day, all. I'm back with just 2 questions this time, I promise.

1. I got the 195/60R/15 mounted to my Rota rims. They look very nice BUT....I tried to put the rim on the front and had to take off the Rota cap. Has anybody else had to do this? There was a space until I took off the cap. Looks like a dome with grease on the hub won't fit the Rota cap.

2. Of course, the Alfa bolts won't tighten the rim on the car...too short. I went to AutoZone and bought a set that LOOKED long enough...they were short as well. Does anybody know the correct size acorn bolt I should get? I go online and see 12x1.5, 1.75" TALL. Would these fit?

I want to thank y'all for helping me get my spider back on the road.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts