Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm after some advice on suspension and brake setups for a 147 twinspark that is to be a track only car. Are there any advice as to coil overs vs upgraded springs and dampers individually? How hard is it to convert front brakes to something like GTA brakes and is it worth it?

Have never setup a front wheel drive race car either in terms of wheel alighments so advice on this setup would also be appreciated.

Thanks
DM

·
Registered
290 Posts

What kind of racing are you going to do?
I don't want to be a downer on your project however is there any reason you want to race a twinspark? If you race it hard you will be forever fixing broken engines and gearbox's. The harsh reality is the twin spark engine and gearbox is garbage. The 147 gta is cheap and once fitted with a q2 differential it will at least be reliable. Anyway that's your choice and I'm only passing on what I have experienced.

I have fitted lots of suspension kits from cheap stuff made in china to more expensive euro kits. I wouldn't know how they work on the track however they are easy to fit and the better kits are very adjustable. Your going to need more negative camber so consider that when you look at the suspension kits. Be ready to chew through front tires.

The big brake upgrade for the gta is all bolt on and would stop a twin spark on a dime. The pads don't have much material on them (thickness wise) so they need changing more than they should.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts