Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Any driving/ownership issues one should know about before purchase? I`m thinking here the V6 engine in the 147 body about 2006.

Any threads I missed or cannot find?

Thanks Richard

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
As with all cars, check it carefully and purchase only one with all service stamps.
The V6 engines are bombproof and has a wonderful sound track. The 147 bodies have no special problems and the 147 have really good handling. 2006 models has larger brakes (necessary) than early models. I have not heard bad about the transmission.
147s are really drivers cars.
Good luck finding a good one.
Erik

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think the "early" diffs are a problem

Friend that I race Alfa Suds with has a 147 GTA and drives it reasonably hard. He has had no end of trouble with the diff. So far he is onto his 3rd. Dealer has repaired them all under warrantly but have now put the "later" one in which is apparently stronger. Not sure on the finer details

·
Registered
780 Posts
I would put Q2 torsen to GTA

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi All,

Thanks for your very helpful comments -- I was thinking about a 147 gta second hand but they are still quite expensive so now opting for an Abarth 500c as a substitute.....not the same, certainly engine note but somewhat comparable performance.

Richard

·
Registered
780 Posts
the Abarth 500C is not very close to GTA performance...but Ill bet it will be fun to drive

Velocità massima 205 km/h.
Accelerazione 0-100 km/h 8,1 sec.

147 GTA
6.3 s
246 km/h

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now Vsix

That is an interesting question -- I am also referring to the esseesse equipped version, however I have no info to hand.....

Please prove your point!

Richard

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Vsix

I now read your post carefully -- you have a point.....turbo 1.4 is no match for 3l? V6 -- I too prefer the latter....

Also the paddle shift is very slow.

Richard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts