Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have owned my 2003 147 for just over a year now, and having spent a fortune on a new exhaust and suspension arms, I am now beginning to dread getting in my car! Recently I have begun to get intermitent warning lights on my dash, To begin with the ABS and ASR lights and message were displaying when i started the car, however these either went off after a few minutes of driving or when I restarted the engine.
Today I was more concerned to see the engine oil pressure low warning which came on after 5 minutes of driving. I stopped the car and then started again after a few minutes, the light did not reappear until I had driven 70 miles and was just turning onto my street, this time it came on only for a few secinds before going off again.
I commute 70 miles to and from work every day and dont fancy a motorway breakdown!
I am wondering if this is an electrical/ sensor fault, rather than an actual issue with my engine oil. Has anyone had a similar issue/ can someone give me some advice before I end up spending even more money on this little car!

Thank you
Edit/Delete Message

·
Registered
783 Posts
before you drive any more miles, check the engine oil level. If you get VDC,ABS or similar warnings there is several reasons for these, but first I would check the battery condition.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have had 2 x 147's one GTA and one 1.6TS and both engine blew up within the drive home. The 1.6 flashed low oil pressure on a roundabout and once home realised the previous owner ran the engine with only 1 litre of oil!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts