Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya. I just bought the wife a 145 1.8 TS and whilst trying to sort out the usual idle issues I replaced the Lambda as a precaution, only to find another Lambda connector just hanging about with no where to go. The one I replaced was the one on the cat under the floorpan, this new one is the pre cat lambda harness....but where does it plug into? I'm almost sure it won't cure my idle issues but not being connected isn't helping any. I have tried a new MAF, cleaned out the TB, done a reset....all to no avail. I suppose the stepper motor is the next step then?

Many thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I followed the wire (definately a Lambda wire...two white, one grey one black) to its origin.......initially I thought it went to the head somewhere. Not so and my mistake.....it's an old Lambda that was caught in the harness at the back. Who ever replaced the last lambda didn't bother removing the old one so the plug was hanging around all ready to confuse the hell out of me.
Still have the crappy idling though....going to see if I can get a new stepper motor.

Cheers guys....sorry for the false alarm.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
You wrote "done a reset....all to no avail"
How about a read out of a fault repport, should tell you about which part is at fault.
If the MAF is faulty cleaning will not help.
Erik

1 - 3 of 3 Posts