Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive ordered the gta wheels in 14x6, and i am trying to decide the tire size,
not only as function but also as how it looks on the car, can you please post your pics stating also the size ?
thank you in advance!

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
You will get quite a few opinions from original size to the widest available........
Good luck !

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys, i am between, 195/65/14 - 195/60/14 or 185/65/15
But i am not sure about the look, i don't want to lower a lot my car... and the the 185/70 to my eyes is to much tire ... :)

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Thank you guys, i am between, 195/65/14 - 195/60/14 or 185/65/15
But i am not sure about the look, i don't want to lower a lot my car... and the the 185/70 to my eyes is to much tire ... :)
The old saying is "You can't tell a book by its cover." There is a diference in ride characteristics between your three preferred tire sizes... and they are dependent upon your car's suspension set up (Is it stock height or already lowered? Stock, cut or after market springs? Etc.) and how you intend to drive your car.

When you say 185/70 is "too much tire" I assume you refer to it fitting the wheel well too much and not that it is too wide or too much rubber for the cars set up, since you are leaning to 195s. I have 185/70s and 14x6 wheels and they look perfect to me, and provide the ride/handling characteristics I want. I've had wider tires, and while they looked more agressive, they ruined the cars nimbleness and feel I wanted from a vintage classic. But thats my preference and up for endless dabate. Hope this is helpful and good luck.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello do you have a pic with your set up ?

The old saying is "You can't tell a book by its cover." There is a diference in ride characteristics between your three preferred tire sizes... and they are dependent upon your car's suspension set up (Is it stock height or already lowered? Stock, cut or after market springs? Etc.) and how you intend to drive your car.

When you say 185/70 is "too much tire" I assume you refer to it fitting the wheel well too much and not that it is too wide or too much rubber for the cars set up, since you are leaning to 195s. I have 185/70s and 14x6 wheels and they look perfect to me, and provide the ride/handling characteristics I want. I've had wider tires, and while they looked more agressive, they ruined the cars nimbleness and feel I wanted from a vintage classic. But thats my preference and up for endless dabate. Hope this is helpful and good luck.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts