Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Pretty interesting,Anybody else see this?

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Yup, saw it. The ad is not so informative and only 5 pics. For forty grand you would think some genuine effort would have been put in for a genuine car. No engine, underbelly or interior pics. Comes across as kind of a lame posting.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And to clarify, it’s $40 K USD...I think he may have just seen some BET auctions and decided to throw it up there

·
Registered
711 Posts
Pretty cool if real. Of course if it’s all original there is a lot of stuff that’s going to need replacing to actually drive it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
May be amazing, and I sincerely hope it is! However, whether there is 13k or 130k on the odometer, this car needs personal inspection, or a LOT more pictures. Rust Never Sleeps. Hope the buyer is on the bb and reads this - please be honest! We all have too many friends that have been sold "rust free" cars, and are now having entire body panels replaced.

Reactions: alfaloco

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Fellows, this GTV6 is the real deal! 13K original miles is correct. Probably the lowest mileage GTV6 in existence? I saw this on youtube a little while ago. What a find of a lifetime. Here is the link:
There are more videos, grab a drink, sit back and enjoy! It can be yours! If it does go to BaT, it will very easily sell over $40K.

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Nice looking example. Definitely not the lowest mileage one in existence but looks good. $50k CAD ask is VERY ambitious in my opinion considering the needs on top of a very expensive import and transport to the US (to say nothing of the low effort advertisement). It seems unlikely that it would end up in Canada. So, one would have closer to $50k USD into it by the time it arrives here in the USA if one was willing to pay the asking price. One can only assume the seller realizes this car is destined for the USA by posting the price in USD. Guess we will see what happens.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Mucho bucks, inadequate information. Sure, it's a real find alright, but some critter's been nesting in the engine compartment, which makes me wonder if they've been chewing on wiring. And, for that money, it ought to be perfect in all respects. But is it?? We just don't know. I have a friend who recently brought in a cherry Montreal from Canada, and it was a major project to get it through customs, across the border, and titled here. No titles up there!!! WTH??

·
Registered
1,733 Posts

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
No title!? I imagine that would be a massive roadblock for bringing the car to the States. Anyone done such a thing? I've heard stories of hassle at the border even WITH all the documentation and such. Maybe someone can educate the group here.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In Nova Scotia we call them titles but officially they’re called a certificate of registration.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
In Nova Scotia we call them titles but officially they’re called a certificate of registration.
My oh my, you all have such a beautiful province up there! It's been decades ago since I was last there, but I'll never forget going round Cape Breton Island on my Suzuki GT750, with my brother on his GS1000. (y)(y)(y)

Reactions: Peter A

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I think a bunch of GTV6’s doing a trip around the Cabot trail during fall colors s a great idea.. who’s in? Pretty sure i have the only GTV6’s in the province though. With over 13000km of coastlne we have some good drivng roads.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts