Alfa Romeo Forums banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Seliquella,
First, compliments to the chef!! The quality of your work is great to watch. Really nice new stuff, installed really nice.
I have a couple questions. It looks like you‘re using Koni yellows with the Alfaholics Kit C. What setting are you starting out at? And is that a 1” spacer under the rear top shock mount?
Thanks!
Thanks for the compliment, yes no rush here to get is on the road helps :grin2:
Yes i have Koni Yellows on the rear and Bilstein on the front. I have the rears on soft setting (out of the box). Just a 1/8 to 1/4 turn from full soft lock (I do not like settings to be on full lock).
Yes that is a 1" spacer from Alfaholics to keep the dampener in its operating stroke as I have the C-kit installed.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Nice

Rightly so! You should be proud of your headliner installation and entire build really - its superb and inspiring. I guess you will have no shortage of clips afterwards! I've learnt much following your project and appreciate each update. Congratulations on such a good job on another facet of your build. Well done.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Haha yes I've bought about 6m of clips for Euro 50,- in various sizes, 13mm, 25mm and 51mm.
The 13mm are pretty useless though as the are too small.
Good tools are half the job!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Project wiring harness started.
Fabricating new wiring harness for the lightning, including new fuse- and relay box for the higher current circuits.
All with original color codes and connectors.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Got a preset on Sinterklaas eve, must have been a good boy this year :mrgreen:
Received the head back: intake and exhaust ports scanned, modified and machined, new exhaust valve seats, 8 new modified valve guides, new valves and very light skimmed for a nice fresh surface.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Wiring harness coming along nicely, added relays for lights, horn and diodes and relay for 3 => 4 wire wiper motor conversion.

Ready to enter the dark side

·
Registered
11,926 Posts
Somebody needs to make more of those heads, combustion chamber is so much better than the single plug head. Using this head should be the first step in modifying a Nord engine.
Pete

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Somebody needs to make more of those heads, combustion chamber is so much better than the single plug head. Using this head should be the first step in modifying a Nord engine.
Pete
Intake track and valve inclination better as well.

If you are going to go through the trouble to make new heads how about a 16v autodelta or Angelina head?

has anyone ever played around welding up material in the combustion chambers and “cloverleafing” on a TS or Nord head yet? Might be some developement potential there.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts