Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After driving on the Hockenheim racetrack this weekend, I had some issues with the oilpressure in tight corners. After topping up the issue was gone - leading to the question if I have the correct dipstick.

The oiltube has a length of 10cm (installed). What is the correct length of the dipstick from the stop at the oiltube to the maximum marking?

·
Super Moderator
11,252 Posts
Depends on which GTA sump you are running. Contact Ok parts and Engineering in Germany as they offer replica GTA sumps of the different depths and materials. They will know and possibly have a source.

·
Super Moderator
11,252 Posts
I suppose you needed a more specific answer. Where is your GTA dipstick TUBE located? Different sumps/ blocks and front cover GTA engine builds had the dipstick TUBE located, 1) on the front cover, 2) on the sump wing under the headers, or for some early GTA blocks, on the block, near the engine mount under the Webers. Each location had a different length tube, tube mount, and dipstick. For example, #1) can use the same stick as any stepnose GT, BUT since the GTA windage trays could also differ, IF you have the regular punched screen GTA windage tray installed, that used a different stick, but same tube.
Again, if you contact OK parts & Engineering, there in Germany, they will be able to tell you what stick you need for your specific TUBE location, block, sump and windage tray combination. More than ONE was used on the GTA engines over time.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your right, there are many varations.
The answer for my issue: on the standart 1300 block with the 8cm oiltube in the frontcover the correct dipstick size from stop to max approx. 24 cm.

·
Super Moderator
11,252 Posts
The best answer is "maybe" as there are other considerations. Try a regular stepnose stick from the same period. It might be the best fit, if not the same as the original. Race engine variations can be considerable, EVEN if factory "built".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts