Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a complete 1300 from radiator to tailpipe. It has a Marelliplex ignition, new exhaust system, Corteco front and mail seal (new), and has been resealed and cosmetically refreshed. I'm not sure if it is best to sell this all together so if anybody needs the setup they can get everything at once, or whether to part it out. I'm looking for some advice on how to best pass this on to somebody who can use it. It is in San Francisco.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
Just my thought but it looks like a stepnose junior? In the very near future, if not now already you may want to consider keeping it with the car if at all possible? Realizing that might be impossible in SF. I can see the day when the original drivetrain would be desirable.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good point. I did an engine conversion but it is reversible. I've been in hot rod mode for so long I forgot some people like them original.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

This is what I am running now. I don't think I could ever go back, but maybe the next guy. Still on the fence about selling it. I might put it in storage and sell it with the car with all of the stock suspension and brakes.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Then again, I really didn't build the car with the intention of selling it. With all of the mods, reinforced frame rails, seam welded and 2L suspension, I don't think it would be the car to preserve for historical significance.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I looked up your engine block number and it is period correct for a 1967 GT 1300 Junior car. So close... I need a 1968 GT 1300 Junior engine. : (

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So close! I also have all of the suspension components rear end, axle, spindles, and small ATE brakes. From a 1967 Juinor. If any of these components cross over and you need them let me know.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
So...... what would your price be for the engine and all its parts, and maybe the trans?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't have a trans. I did decide to part it out. I don't have a good way to ship the entire unit. After adding up the parts it would be around $5000.00 for reference. Some of the parts are sold.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts