Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This engine came from a 68 GT Jr. 1300. Includes block w/internals, pan, crank, head and cam cover. I pulled it from a parts car about 4 yrs. ago. Engine turns. Was told that it ran before being parked for rust and having its carbs robbed. No obvious flaws but internal condition is unknown to me. I'm told that these 105 1300s are sought after by vintage racers. I'm asking $500, local pickup. Maybe swing through Hagerstown, MD on your way back from the convention? Would consider shipping on a pallet but you would have to arrange it.

Attachments

·
Registered
713 Posts
Is the oil filter on the side of the engine by motor mount? or does it spin on to the front cover?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the oil filter on the side of the engine by motor mount? or does it spin on to the front cover?

Thanks,
It is the cannister type, not a spin-on. I just sold a remote filter adapter, dang it!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Thanks, and good luck with the sale.

I have no idea where my 105 1300 engines with spin on to front cover oil filter location came from. Maybe late Euro stuff? But I built my headers around that configuration and now can't switch back so always nosing around for a core like that.

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump.

Convention's over but this engine's still here! Any interest before I part it out?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts