Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,595 Posts
Check out the second to the last car, the XKE. While I'll agree that the E type should be on the list, the example that they chose is just weird. What's with that center grille and bumper?

We could debate which cars belong - and don't belong - on this list all day. I'd vote to eject the Dodge Challenger (especially a purple one!).

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Yep would have to agree Jay. I suspect there are quite a number of cars which in my humble opinion don't belong. What on earth was going on with the E-Type shown. Weird hey !

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I might be unusual, but I wouldn't put the E Type on that list. I think that from some angles they look strange and as my son the designer says, the wheels are too skinny and look lost under the guards. There are several other Alfas I would put in the E Type's place on any such list. Even a Giulia Super is better looking and famously more slippery.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Challenger?
Audi R8?????? (Should be on the 10 ugliest list!)
Where did they find that "Tuner" E type, not AT ALL representative of the model.

For Alfa I would rather the original 8C.

·
Super Moderator
10,595 Posts
Its criminal to write such an article and not include the designers names in the captions.
That's an excellent point. Sort of like writing an article about "the thirteen most famous paintings of all time" and not naming the artists.

The whole thing had a feeling of being put together without a lot of thought or effort. Whether you agree with the E-type being on the list or not, why didn't the author get a picture of an early roadster with its top down? Similarly, why a Corvette with aftermarket wheels and no bumpers? Why a Giulietta with no hubcaps? GT-40 with aftermarket wheels? etc etc.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
While I think the Dodge is a very cool car and I like the looks, I wouldn't call it beautiful. R8? Meh... Once again, cool but not beautiful.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The E-Type shown was modified by Frua.
1 of 1: Frua Bodied Jaguar E-Type | Bring a Trailer

The Loewy one is no better.
Bonhams : Custom one-off designed by Raymond Loewy, offered publicly for the first time since 1970,1966 Jaguar 4.2-Liter Series 1 XKE Coupe Chassis no. 1E30635

We could argue all day about whether the E Type belongs on this list, but it is one of the most recognized classic sports cars. But obviously the fellow who picked the photographs dors not know what he's trying to show...

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
The '63 Vette shown is similarly bastardized.

Strange that they would take beautiful cars and show badly modified versions.

·
Registered
957 Posts
The '63 Vette shown is similarly bastardized.

Strange that they would take beautiful cars and show badly modified versions.
Hacked cars for a hack author!

Sad to see this tripe and know that people who have actually done their research cannot get published.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts