Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question regarding the above referenced application. The 0 curve is what is recommended for these cars, does anyone know off hand if using another of the provided maps would yield any performance gain? Car is bone stock, with dell'orto's looking for a little more snap, may upgrade to a set of RJ cams, just wondering how tunable these carbs are, fairly comfortable around Weber's but these are uncharted territory for me. Looking forward to some input, TIA

Registered
Fran.. my little car Zippy needed a friend. congrats.. the 1300 might feel anemic after an Alfetta.. Gotta dial back your expectations and keep your foot in it. 1st gear is only there to tell the guy behind you that you do in fact recognize the light turned green... once moving get into second gear quickly ...Red lining first gear won't get the spacing you would like. Better to up shift at 3500-4000. It's all technique.

Registered
I can't help with the 123 question. However, setting up a set of DHLA 40-Ls on a modified 2L has been straightforward. I don't think tunability is a problem.

Registered
Thanks for the input. I don鈥檛 expect much, but a little more zip wouldn鈥檛 hurt. Hope you survived the storm intact.
Yarmouth got the brunt. The Mills only got about a 10 minute burst of 30-40 MPH winds and driving rain and lightning and we were in the bullseye. Nor'easters have been more dangerous and sustained. We had a few twigs in the yard from our old oaks in the aftermath. No trees down anywhere between here and Hyannis. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts