Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted in engine building but got no response - running out of time.

I have a newly-built race 2-litre Nord engine running long-duration (320 inlet, 300 exhaust) high-lift cams and 11.6 CR. It's going on the rollers next week and I'd like some pointers as to which of the 123 preset curves we should try out. Anybody help?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Hallo,
there is no curve, that worked correct on our race engine!!! If highly modified, the curve must reduce the pre-ignition about after 6000 1/min , that dosnt any 123 ignition.
Better constant preignition , begin with 28-32 degree, depend on compression ratio and filling rate! Every raceengine has his individual ignition curve, not possible to copy from others!!!

regards
Uli

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Better constant preignition , begin with 28-32 degree, depend on compression ratio and filling rate! Every raceengine has his individual ignition curve, not possible to copy from others!!!

regards
Uli
Thank, Uli - kinda what I suspected. I wanted just to try to narrow down the curves we should try. I'm only allowed to get away with using the 123 dizzy in my race series because it has pre-set curves.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
The new 123 comes with a USB port and set-up programme for your laptop and you can then adjust the curve whilst the car is on the rollers........brilliant!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The new 123 comes with a USB port and set-up programme for your laptop and you can then adjust the curve whilst the car is on the rollers........brilliant!
....and unfortunately against my series regs. It would be useful to generate the ideal curve for my engine then have a mechanical version built to most nearly match it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts