Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, did anyone ever find a source for the paper air hose for the 102 2000 Spider? 120 mm?

If no, then is this item from OKP my other option?

Air hose / intake hose 1120 mm

It's listed as 1120 mm but I'm pretty sure that is the length;), 44 inches. But they don't say the diameter.

Enquiring minds want to know, and mine too.

Thanks!

·
Push hard and live
11,027 Posts
I bought several from AFRA a couple of years ago. Sold or gave away all of them, I think, but I’ll take a look when I get home later today.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought one from AFRA a few years ago, and what they sent me was expandable dryer vent. Maybe I ordered the wrong part? Or maybe that's all they had at the time? I look forward to finding out if you still have one, if not please let me know which part I should order. I don't want to end up with dryer vent again!

·
Push hard and live
11,027 Posts
I’m having lunch 1 mile from my home. I’ll check when I get there. What I bought was the right corrugated, black paper tube. I probably have the industrial vent tube that I replaced with the one fro AFRA. Stand by...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Don, here is the link to the AFRA part. The picture is too small for me to tell if it's right. But if it is, it'll be easy to pick it up as I'm about to place an order with them anyway. Price sounds too low, not that I'm complaining (if it's what you bought). The Dryer Vent hose they sold me was 6 years ago and they didn't have a picture of it at the time.

AFRA Heating Hose

·
Push hard and live
11,027 Posts
That looks more like the plastic dryer hose to me.

I checked, and I no longer have any of the paper ones. You can write to AFRA and sometimes the reply. You might send them the original part number and describe the material.

Reactions: carmonkey

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Search for 'tubo flessibile cartone' or 'tubo aspirazione cartone' or 'condotto aria cartone' or 'PAP ducting' on Google. Those results will give you some options. These tubes are still used in motorhomes and caravans of European manufacture. Impergom in Italy was one manufacturer, but I doubt they sell direct to retail customers.

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo 2000 Touring Spider from January 1959
299 Posts
Car monkey,
The description of the heater tube on the English version of the Afra site describes that the hose is made from ‘Cartoon’ (cardboard is ‘cartone’ in Italian’). The Italian description probably the more accurate description: Tubo grande riscaldamento IN CARTON FLEX estensibile per Spider 2000 DIAM 120 MM. This reads after google translation ‘Large heating hose IN CARTON FLEX extendable for Spider 2000 DIAM 120 MM’. That seems about right for our cars.
Gr., Pieter

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi AR1959, I had done the translation through Google, but I didn’t believe that it could be both cardboard and extendable. I was suspicious that the product had changed but they didn’t fully update the description. But your advice is excellent, I use Google translate a lot with AFRA as their translations aren’t always very good.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good news everyone! (I can never pass up an opportunity to use a good Futurama reference) I heard back from AFRA, and they swear to me that it is cardboard. This is great news, and at €11 may be the cheapest part I ever buy for the car. Yay!

·
Push hard and live
11,027 Posts
It is corrugated and cardboard, and can be somewhat stretched or shortened, accordingly. I somewhat compressed it before cutting to length, as I didn't want to find out that age caused it to shrink and pull away from the steel snorkels on either end.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You're all welcome.
Sorry Alex, I mean't to thank you for the lead. I had fun doing those searches but never found the tube I was looking for. Luckily AFRA was selling the right part after all (fingers crossed until I see it though). Thanks again for the tip!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts