Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alfisti,
I have these NOS cams which I'm considering putting on the intake side of an otherwise standard euro alfetta 2.0 engine.They have no part number and no markings except for '11' stamped on one end.They were still wrapped in a kind of sticky waxed plastic when I got them.The lift is virtually identical to the standard Ti cam 105.02.03.200.00 on the left in the photos,but the duration looks very long.Here in jakarta I don't have access to a shop that can measure the dimensions of the cam exactly.

Firstly,how would this unknown cam behave on the intake side of a 2.0 otherwise standard engine?(although it will have 45 webbers with 34 venturis and suitable jetting)
I've been told to ditch them and go with with a modern cam....seems a waste!!:(

I also have a set of 105 4803 20051 cams which came out of the stock euro 2.0 late model alfetta engine.
I read Papajam's post:)) much appreciated) from a while back giving the specs on the 105 48 03 200 01 euro cam.
Can anyone confirm if that early 01 euro cam and the later 51 euro cam have the same specs?

Cheers,
Fletch.

Auto part

·
Registered
758 Posts
-01 and -51 cams are the same, the only difference being the oiling groove in the middle of the front journal in the -51.
From the looks of the lobe shape (and leaving rust out) I wouldn't use this cam in a std engine. Looks like too much duration and you'd possibly have problems with valve/piston clearance.
Jim K.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bernhard,thank you that file has been securely saved!

Jim K. thanks,I'll save them for a rainy day.Hard to distinguish in the photos,but that's old sticky packing grease,not rust.

Could anyone advise what would be the best use/set up for these cams?

Thanks again,
Fletch.

·
Registered
275 Posts
you might try setting them up at 102 degrees and then check for valve clearance to piston by turning over the motor by hand slowly. It you head does not have extra relief cut in it for those higher lobes to turn they won't rotate in the head likely.

·
Registered
150 Posts
11mm 299 degrees alfetta motronic cam si very good for street car !! but its variable inlet valve timig cam and have actuator that advance 30 crank degrees, you need to control that thing , also need to check vlave piston clearence when moving from 10548 to motronic cam. check valve-piston clearance in both on-off positions o fVVT cam !! other problem when fiting motronic cam on carb head is: motronic cam cannot rotate, cam lobes touch
cam folower bores :( you need to file,grind both sides to allow to cam to rotate(this need head removal for good clean after grinding)
other problem is motronic cam have 30mm base circle ... euro carb cams have
around 27,5 base circle-> you need to grind valve stem alot around 1mm :(
other problem(that i have now) is when grinding top of vlave stem around 1mm there is posibility valve shim to touch spring retainer colets... sloution is to grind lower edge of vlave shims by 1mm, dont worry they will not fall off ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts