Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new calipers for my 116 Alfetta; 1975 transaxle. I tried to rebuild mine but the bleed screws disintegrated a long time ago and are completely rusted/seized into the calipers. I tried everything, including a screw extractor, but broke around 5 drill bits and 2 extractors on the first screw. Just the bodies should be fine, I can get the calipers the rest of the way disassembled, but if you have some that need rebuilt I have all the stuff to do it. New ones are acceptable as well. Cheaper is better.

Thanks,
Cody

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
I should have at least one extra set of good cores, and a set of freshly rebuilt...are they not available from current suppliers?

If you want real cheap I should have a disassembled rusty pair that would just need media blasting and rebuilding...do you need 2 complete calipers? Or just certain "body" pieces?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I need new calipers for my 116 Alfetta; 1975 transaxle. I tried to rebuild mine but the bleed screws disintegrated a long time ago and are completely rusted/seized into the calipers. I tried everything, including a screw extractor, but broke around 5 drill bits and 2 extractors on the first screw. Just the bodies should be fine, I can get the calipers the rest of the way disassembled, but if you have some that need rebuilt I have all the stuff to do it. New ones are acceptable as well. Cheaper is better.

Thanks,
Cody
Hi Cody,

I have a set for ya. I actually think that one is new and the other is probably original. When I get home I can take some pics of what I have if you'd be interested?

Regards,

Ryan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts