Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have one 1.64mm or thicker valve shim that I could purchase or trade for? I messed up one of my numbers and so the #2 inlet is off. I will also give up up my thiner shim 1.38mm.

Doug

·
Push hard and live
9,655 Posts
Lemme check. I might.

·
Push hard and live
9,655 Posts
Or, contact Heinbrand. He has an inventory. Buy some extras.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Sorry for the false hope. If I had read the title of the thread, I would know it is for 10 mm stems. Of course, my 2600 shims are for 9.5 mm stems.
Larry

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered the shims from Heinbrand as suggested - I didnt think they had those because they are not parts that they indicate as having on their diagrams. Thanks a lot Don for the tip.

Well, here is my cylinder head so far. I have the two covers out for paint right now.

What does the embossed lettering on the head supposed to say?

Also, what are some good clips to use for the hoses? I dont like the hex head screw type - I dont think they look very good.

Doug

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
9,655 Posts
The script is "ordine scoppi" which translates as firing order. Note that the 102 engine is 1243, not the more typical 1342.

It is easy enough to buy the original Alfa clamps via Ebay, and from such places as Classic Alfa. They are not cheap, but as you note, they look a lot better.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again Don.

I was thinking of painting that lettering and the Alfa Romeo on the cam covers in red - Any comments?

Doug

·
Push hard and live
9,655 Posts
Doug,

My local powder coater does multicolor applications every day. I think it requires two runs through the oven (or more) so costs a bit more. You could have the Alfa script done in non-wrinkle red and the rest in wrinkle black. The way I had mine done they just sprayed the wrinkle powder over the whole cover, then using a paper towel, wipe off the powder covering the script before putting it in the oven. As I had polished the script before taking it to them, bingo, silver lettering.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts