Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I was just scouting around the bb and noticed that there was a thread regarding what you did on your alfa today........

Since I own a 2000gtv I thougt it rude to ambush and thought it appropriate to start one in the gt area!

I mended the fuel flap area. New grommets, rubber seal, spring and pivots for the hatch. Needed double jointed fingers to make it all work....

Think I may have a scout around for a locking fuel cap, although I do like the original one. Oh yes and it was raining.

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hello,
I was just scouting around the bb and noticed that there was a thread regarding what you did on your alfa today........

Since I own a 2000gtv I thougt it rude to ambush and thought it appropriate to start one in the gt area!

I mended the fuel flap area. New grommets, rubber seal, spring and pivots for the hatch. Needed double jointed fingers to make it all work....

Think I may have a scout around for a locking fuel cap, although I do like the original one. Oh yes and it was raining.
Hi there, do you have a tutorial (simple how to instruction for dummies like me) of how you replace the spring of the Fuel trap

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,

I tried to draw a quick illustration as I can't get the camera in. If you look at the following post
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/427869-post4.html

It shows where the spring is located. In the lhs lower corner (as viewed from outside).

To acess it you will need to go in though the boot. Pull the rubber flap down around the fuel pipe. An access is a pain but manageable. I used a pair of snipe nose pliers to work it on. One done just pop the rubber section back.

The thread above has the photos to highlight it.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Thanks for posting that, much appreciated. Great idea on the thread.

I put rims and tires that I bought from a local BB'r so my car can actually roll. Not that it's going to actually move anywhere since it doesn't have an engine or transmission. But surprisingly handy to be able to bump her a couple feet in either direction the garage.

Come on guys-shouldn't be hard to top that update. Ha.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
It looks like a MAJOR pain to install and remove that fuel tank boot. It was hard to remove mine which had hardened over the years.

Today, I timed my new 123 distributor. Love it!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Well, I found what looks to be water in the bottom of my oil sump (ran out when I drained the oil) of the donor engine. Not a great turn of events...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Onwards....I can see why people own these cars, it's very addictive understanding and working on them.

The previous 123 distributor post sounds very interesting. That's something I'd like to do also, it would be great to hear some feedback.....

I have now replaced my indicator stalk, all new and working. Until I find further electrical gremlins down the line. I also decided to spray the steering column shroud with pvc/vinyl paint. Replaced all the missing allen key bolts too. It's quite enjoyable to obsess over the tiny details!

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This week, I've been busy with the dash....
Dynamat'd the bulkhead, tidied the wires, new rubber hoses for the heaters and vents. Then vinyl paint on the dashboard and a new piece of veneer.

Also replaced the lights behind the instruments with LEDs, less current, less heat etc..... Photos taken at night so don't do the transformation justice.

Got to look into the dimmer switch now, and a few other electrical gremlins....

Cheers.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts