Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has funny stamping where engine number is supposed to go. Possible use in a GTA Jr. at some point is my best guess. Has a standard set of cams, I have the oil filter canister and can provide a flywheel also, $750.00 If you’re racing a 1300 engined car this is perfect. Contact through [email protected] Heading to Bay Area soon delivery possible. 12E42342-53C3-48E8-AFD6-33E18894F20C.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Hey Fred, it would be interesting to know why and who stamped that otherwise un-numbered block and if it has GTAj liners and crank in there.

ciao

Ken

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dear Ken, those people aren’t around anymore. It was with a GTA Jr. that sold last year. Not fooling anyone, it’s a 74 by 75 motor otherwise there would be a number in front of the seven.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I didn't know that the 1300 had the two clamping bolts on the front of the valve cover.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Dear Ken, those people aren’t around anymore. It was with a GTA Jr. that sold last year. Not fooling anyone, it’s a 74 by 75 motor otherwise there would be a number in front of the seven.
OK maybe that 559 number was there for the benefit of any tech guys walking around with a GTAj Homologation sheet. I know that when GTA 752507 was acting like a GTAj C-Sedan in 1975 and 1976 the racers had had a GTAj Homologation sheet verified by the CASC (Canadian equivalent of SCCA). But they had a 559 GTAj engine in her at the time.

ken

·
Administrator
3,805 Posts
FWIW I think it's a bit earlier than '74/'75 as it still has the block mounted oil canister, early in '70 - '72 they went to the screw on disposable filter on the timing cover - least ways that's how engines were configured here in SA while Alfa was building them here.

My '68 & '69 GT 1300 Juniors have the identical configuration with the block mounted filter & the 2 bolts on the front of the cam cover

Cheers
Greig

1 - 9 of 9 Posts