Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
105 Leather 'Bertone DeLuxe' option

The leather 'Bertone DeLuxe' options for seat option for 105s is a rare option.
I have started this link to share what I know having owned two 105 cars with the option.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I had owned 2 1750's that had this leather option in them in Adelaide.

The first one was a 1969 series one with racing seats. The car's original colour was metallic light blue (then painted red by the previous owner). The seats were chestnut and were set up with what appeared to be raw cotton/ encased in a cotton calico then some thin foam. They were works of art I owned this car for 15 years and drove it for 10 years every day and the last 2 years sprinted it. The most comfortable seats ever, covering 700km from Adelaide to Melbourne easily. The door trim cards were like the pattern as shown in the photos of the Max Banks' silver GT Veloce.

I also had a Series 11, 1750, which was silver in, colour with maroon red leather seats again the same door card pattern. This car was modified heavily from the original after I sold it to some one who was going to restore it. I should have been more alert as they did not buy the leather sheets I had purchased for the interior It is now white and has black home made vinyl seats.

I also spotted a second 1750 series 11 that had the same leather interior about 10 years ago in Adelaide.

The seats and the door cards all have a unique star pattern that was punched into the leather. I kept a sample from one of the cards from the series 11 1750 prior to selling it.

Photos shortly

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Steve, Derek and I bought some sample door cards specifically to recreate this leather interior on our GT's. We'd be most grateful for any info you might have or close up images you post.

I personally will be going for a blood red colour interior to go with the Graphite grey exterior.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a great combination for the interior and exterior.

I have had the sample of the diamond pattern sitting on the scanner for the last week when I realised I could not find my second sample which was complete.So I have decided to draw the pattern to scale using the first sample which is only partly complete and from memory.

Hoping to post the pictures in a few days time of the sample and the drawing.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
i have had the interiors for both my '69 Giulia Super and '69 Fiat AC 124 sport done in Connolly leather. Looks and feels superb. The aim would similarly do this to my '69 1750 GTV.

I don't see it as any big deal apart from having an experienced coachtrimmer do the work for you, oh and deep pockets. Restoring the interior can get pretty expensive. I know from past experience !

I did see once a silver 1750 GTV, down here with an original but tired red leather interior.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all, I am new to this forum but red almost every post about GTV 2000's. Now I am in a search of good GTV to buy. Found one option but with very worn out interior. My question is: how can I differenciate leather interior from vinyl having only photos. It is grey 1974 GTV 2000 Veloce, European car. Also maybe you know which manufacturer was supplying seats (or leather) for those little cars? I want to keep my car as close to original as possible.

Thank You

PS. This forum is SOOOOOo helpful!

·
Registered
91 Posts
105 Bertone De Luxe Interior- Details?

I just discovered my 67 Sprint GT Veloce has this option.

-What is comprised of this option? I'm assuming leather seat covers and door cards. Anything else?
-Does anyone make a leather aftermarket seat cover in this pattern?
-“Star perforation” leather seat covers- Does anyone have the pattern? I could go off my old foam, but more detailed photos would be better.
-What does the back seat supposed to look like? Also perforated?
-My front door cards did have a stainless strip on them (not pictured). Is there any stainless trim on the rear door cards?
-Does anyone have a detailed photo of the armrests?

My door cards must have been soaked and stored in a place that caused them to curl up. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I was told that leather interior was always an option for most cars and that most Alfas were not built with leather interior. I think that using leather in a GTV would look very good. I was also told that 1960's Ferraris had leather seats but everything else was vinyl. I thought about covering my 101 Sprint Veloce seats in leather, but it would not match the rest of the cloth/vinyl interior.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
The star perforations are from the same manufacturer that did the Lambo Espada hides. Not cheap but still doing them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Deluxe Carpet?

105 Guy, photos are already posted above. Pancho, thanks for the details about the Lamborghini Espada upholstery. I'm talking to a guy in Southern California who does vintage Lambos. No pricing to speak of yet.

Does anyone know if there are differences in the carpet between standard Skai interiors and deluxe leather?

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I asked Thomas Pocius about using leather in 1960's Alfa. He said that he used leather for 1969 GTV seats. He also said that he cannot remember seeing any Giulietta and Giulia having factory leather seats. I asked him if leather seats would look good in my 101 Sprint Veloce and he said that it was not a good idea. I tend to agree with him that the cloth and vinyl door panel do not match with leather seats. I think that GTV or Spiders would look good with leather seats just like Ferraris. I saw Ferrari Daytona seats that were recently finished and they looked great. I also saw a Ferrari 330 GT interior and it looked like a GTV interior.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello all.

I have a 1971 GTV 1750 with a hide interior. The seats were torn along the perforations when I bought it in 1984, suggesting that the materials did not have a long life span. The car went into storage for fifteen years and I carried out a restoration in 2007. The seats were a real problem although the door cards were okay. I also stumbled on the Espada connection through Matt at Re-Originals in Texas. I sent him a vector graphic of the pattern which I measured and drew using Adobe Illustrator. I probably have that on my old computer is it useful to anyone. In the end, I made a jig out of drilled sheet steel, sharpened two hardened punches into square ends and punched the leather myself over a block of hardwood. I then had these repair pieces sewn onto the original covers. You have to be very patient but it can be done. I will take some pictures and post them once I have sent this post off.

Good luck with your restorations,

Michael Findlay
Port Chalmers
New Zealand

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thread resurrection as I have just bought a complete but tatty deluxe red leather interior for my project Gtv.

I'm trying a new approach to getting the perforated leather replaced. The suppliers that can do the perforations will only do them on strips of hide 3 inches wide. I'm now seeing if laser cutting can provide a 21st century solution, thanks to an Adobe illustrator file from MFindlay (above). Hopefully I will be able to give an auto trimmer whole sections to replace.

My build is documented on Alfa owner, with the leather interior on this page 105 Series Mentor Sought - Page 20 - Alfa Romeo Forum

Does anyone have any images of the deluxe red leather in good condition / restored? Images for this seem a bit thin on the ground

·
Registered
399 Posts
leather door panels

Thread resurrection please:

I'm looking to have someone replicate the 'deluxe' leather option for the interior door panels. Is there perhaps someone out there who has the original item who would be willing to make available some measurements of the stitching patterns/panels?

thanks
Jannes

Attachments

1 - 20 of 48 Posts