Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the lap / shoulder belt combo that works in the 105 (1967) GTV. I've seen them before, the separate belt bolts into the B pillar and has a metal link that goes into the lap belt clip. Need two. Help! Will pay cash, magazine subscriptions, books on Alfa collecting, you can even borrow my five-year-old to help you get onto the airplane first! - Keith Martin

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Keith,

I have two sets that I took out of my '67 that I would part with--but do you really want 40+ year old webbing?

Sid Gage
San Francisco

·
Premium Member
22,383 Posts
AutoPower in SD will reweb them, no problem. I had my Super's done, basically the same belt, different length. Same hardware.
Andrew

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
here's what I have removed from a '66 105 Sprint, rough, but authentic. Two lap belts, two pieces each, one with retracting/coiling mechanism. One shoulder/triangulating strap, itself two piece, fits between buckle and male end of lap belt; shoulder strap comes with metal clip that allow shoulder strap to be hung when not in use. $40 shipped.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Keith:

I can get you a set of '67 belts including the bracket for the center console. I am looking for earlier belts would would like to buy the ones Paul has for sale.

Let me know if you want me to get them for you.

Cheers,

Keith

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keith that would be fine with me. More info please. You are welcome to the ones from Rogerspeed if you can help me with a solution. Thank you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sid, long time since we have communicated! What do you have and how much? Pictures? Thanks and see you at the convention.
KM

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Keith,

It will take me a week to get to where I have them stashed, then I will PM you some pics and we can go from there.

See you at the convention indeed.

Sid

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
notes on belts, the Klippan belts that connect to the ring are period correct but not 1967 correct. On the underside stamped into the steel hoop/ring is the year and make( Alfa Romeo or BMW are the two I've seen) the system was devised in response to the US law/regulation applicable Jan 1, 1968. I've seen three different hoops, One BMW, one Alfa spider, one Alfa GTV/Berlina.
The belts I offered were sold to the first person who contacted me as intitally posted them (101/105guy); after I waited for 330's response to my offer. I do have more boxes of belts to go through.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Disappointed

The first guy who contacted you in this thread to purchase the belts should 330America not want them was me.

Had you responded in the forum that you were waiting for 330America to respond and that 101/105 guy was the next in line, your position would have been clear.

Perhaps you'll find another set. I remain hopeful but I am truly disappointed.

Keith (4redno)

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
The first guy who contacted you in this thread to purchase the belts should 330America not want them was me.

Had you responded in the forum that you were waiting for 330America to respond and that 101/105 guy was the next in line, your position would have been clear.

Perhaps you'll find another set. I remain hopeful but I am truly disappointed.

Keith (4redno)
You are taking the knowledge you have (incomplete) and jumping to conclusions, I shouldn't have to explain, my posting was truthful; I didn't have any obligation to reveal the private communication from others, I posted on 330's thread, offering the belts, 101/105guy messaged me before you posted, I waited until 330 posted he didn't want mine to sell the belts, had he fallen through, you were next, your disapointment comes from your asumptions.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My bad

I looked over this thread and agree with your assessment. I put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5 – please accept my apology.

Should you find another set just like these, I would be interested.

Cheers,

Keith

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I looked over this thread and agree with your assessment. I put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5 – please accept my apology.

Should you find another set just like these, I would be interested.

Cheers,

Keith
Thank you Keith. To say the least, I can be obtuse. This is great forum and we are making better.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
It might not be a bad idea to state the type of contact that should be made, PM or a reply to the thread. That way everyone has the info.
Hey Osso, obviously you didn't read the thread carefully or understand the past problem(s) here, and it's all solved. People are free to make any contact they want, making more rules creates as many problems as it solves. Go look at this thread http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/any...s-sell-some-cars-alfa-romeo-museum-arese.html
where Chi Si Dici quoted on multiple occasions two-year old posts to continue a vendetta against Tryphon from a completely different thread, no moderator has said anything and here you are butting into something trivial resolved amicably. go figure!

PS - can we get rid of the annoying moving smiles, no wonder we get wound-up as we write on this board

1 - 20 of 25 Posts