Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

the ones which come as single seats in darkbrown,
anyone here who's has or knows where to get these? I know about Alfaholics and Classic Alfa, they have the lightbrown version for sale.

grtz
Elfie

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there, 1750 GT,
thnx for your fast reply

it s for a gt junior 1971, upholstery only. If its lightbrown it is OK. Prefer leather.
grtz
Elfie

·
Registered
940 Posts
Have a look at the Catalogo Part di Ricambio for the GT1300 Junior from page 313(Italian version), there are between 10 to 16 different interior colour combinations as per LHD,RHD for the different body numbers. There is even part number for travelers/sales/doctors who wanted a sturdy storage shelf container instead of the rear seat base.

The GT 1300 Junior 1971 never had leather seats.

The GT Veloce 1600, GT1750 Series 1 and GT Sprint had the dark brown Bertone DeLuxe option leather seats. The GT Veloce 1600, GT1750 Series 1 seats have a diamond perforation pattern in them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much Steve105, that is really helpful for me as a newbie .
I asked this for a friend of mine. Restoring Alfa's is his main addiction.
I caught up with the virus few years ago and bought myself a 159 Tbi.
I can tell him now that a 1971 gt junior never had leather seats...... LOL😂

thnx

·
Registered
940 Posts
The Italian word for leather is 'pelle', this word does not come up in the Italian Catalogo Part di Ricambio for the GT1300 Junior. Still check the Catalogo to learn first hand more about the car, part of the addiction.
I would suggest ask questions and consult the Catalogo parts manuals prior even buying a car if say you wanted one with leather seats.

Here is a link to the current Classic Alfa Register register

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have a set but for Berlina saloon not coupe

·
Registered
940 Posts
The GTJ 1300, GT Veloce 1600 and GT Sprint 1600, all had various materials combined for seats like vinyl combined with a cloth/modified cloth centre section. This was probably because the car was driven in summer when the seats would get very hot inside as under cover parking was probably not sufficient for all cars, plus A/C in cars was probably not that common in the 60's/70's. So the styled interiors we are so accustomed to today 2020 for mass produced cars may have had it's origins with Alfa Romeo in the 60's.

Women in Italy and Europe would also drive the these smaller cars, so style and comfort (cloth centre seats) would be important. It wasn't until 1985 that Ford Australia called on Australian fashion designer Carla Zampatti to style their car for women, the Ford Laser KB.

It could be a combination of reasons like the manufacturers design or social /cultural trends in the late 70's, or just the personal preferences of people who where rebuilding their cars in the 80's and 90's or the lack of knowledge of owners who just asked trimmers to make/repair their seats as opposed to what was originally in the car. My GT Veloce 1600 had black velour seats with red piping most likely a 80's make over. I've found no evidence this seat combination black velour seats with red piping existed for a GT Veloce 1600, of course that does not mean it was never made by the factory and they forgot to list it, just like they forgot to list the seats made with out basket weave in the centre and don't forget the 'aramanto' vinyl colored seats that never existed for GT Veloce 1600. Even today some suppliers make items that cater for that part of the market that are not concerned with originality.

There is a reasonable amount of details when it comes to interior of the 2L GTV, which include interior vinyls and cloth samples, but I've not seen an original sample booklet for the GT Sprint/GT Veloce 1600 or GT Junior 1300 where allot of the discussion/debate has occurred in the last couple of years.

Regards Steve

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The GTJ 1300, GT Veloce 1600 and GT Sprint 1600, all had various materials combined for seats like vinyl combined with a cloth/modified cloth centre section. This was probably because the car was driven in summer when the seats would get very hot inside as under cover parking was probably not sufficient for all cars, plus A/C in cars was probably not that common in the 60's/70's. So the styled interiors we are so accustomed to today 2020 for mass produced cars may have had it's origins with Alfa Romeo in the 60's.

Women in Italy and Europe would also drive the these smaller cars, so style and comfort (cloth centre seats) would be important. It was'nt until 1985 that Ford Australia called on Australian fashion designer Carla Zampatti to style their car for women, the Ford Laser KB.

It could be a combination of reasons like the manufacturers design or social /cultural trends in the late 70's, or just the personal preferences of people who where rebuilding their cars in the 80's and 90's or the lack of knowledge of owners who just asked trimmers to make/repair their seats as opposed to what was originally in the car. My GT Veloce 1600 had black velour seats with red piping most likely a 80's make over. I've found no evidence this seat combination black velour seats with red piping existed for a GT Veloce 1600, of course that does not mean it was never made by the factory and they forgot to list it, just like they forgot to list the seats made with out basket weave in the centre and don't forget the 'aramanto' vinyl colored seats that never existed for GT Sprint 1600 etc. Even today some suppliers make items that cater for that part of the market that is not concerned with originality.

There is a reasonable amount of details when it comes to interior of the 2L GTV, which include interior vinyls and cloth samples, but I've not seen an original sample booklet for the GT Sprint/GT Veloce 1600 or GT Junior 1300 where allot of the discussion/debate has occurred in the last couple of years.

Regards Steve
Thank you and interesting that an original sample booklet fot those types is missing or not found (yet)
kind regards,
Laurence

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Steve,

another solution has been found, skipping darkbrown for lightbrown, as soon as the menace of COVID19 has been put to an end, we will pick up a set of lightbrown seats. The panels are allready available.

grts
Laurence

1 - 13 of 13 Posts