Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am looking for a Carburettor Stay also known as a Support Arm 2 litre Nord Engine.

I have solid mounts and running GTA Style Trumpets. I plan to convert back to rubber mounts as the Thackery washer and nylocks are always coming loose and I get air leaking. Tighten up balancing them slowly slowly and then after a while they are lose again with air leaks... I have had enough!

AS a result I am need of a carburettor stay /Support arm for 2 litre Nord engine.

The top end of the carburettor support arm will be fitted as indicated in the red circles in the image below.

I am in Australia and your help to locate this part would be greatly appreciated

GTA.jpg

·
Registered
6,112 Posts

These are nearly all NOS but were restored owing to shelf wear. NOS Lobo bolt included.

£75 GBP each plus postage. Please send me a PM if interested, thanks.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Your problem is easily solved by chucking out the o-rings and the thackery washers and replacing them with normal gaskets (the thicker type or two of the thinner) and normal nuts with lock washers. I have been running that way for probably ten years now with no problems whatsoever and no need for a support arm.
Cheers
Bob

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
View attachment 1677025

These are nearly all NOS but were restored owing to shelf wear. NOS Lobo bolt included.

£75 GBP each plus postage. Please send me a PM if interested, thanks.
thx Alex I will find out which size I need and let you know, BTW your link is just a test link it doesn't go anywhere? Was trying to see some of your threads also.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your problem is easily solved by chucking out the o-rings and the thackery washers and replacing them with normal gaskets (the thicker type or two of the thinner) and normal nuts with lock washers. I have been running that way for probably ten years now with no problems whatsoever and no need for a support arm.
Cheers
Bob
Hello Bob - that definitely sounds like an easy fix. I have the solid mounts with the "O" ring embedded in the groove of the solid mount on the carburettor side, if I take this out will that cause flow problems? Also you suggest the thicker gaskets for both sides of each mount? Can you advise who supplies the thicker type of gaskets so I can purchase the correct ones.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Under normal circumstances the longest strut is the one you will need. Measurements were taken bolt centre to bolt centre and are accurate to within a couple of mm.

Thanks for the reminder about the link ... I keep meaning to address that. A tag search for 'alex, parts' should take you to the lists in the meantime. A lot of other things are on Facebook.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Under normal circumstances the longest strut is the one you will need. Measurements were taken bolt centre to bolt centre and are accurate to within a couple of mm.

Thanks for the reminder about the link ... I keep meaning to address that. A tag search for 'alex, parts' should take you to the lists in the meantime. A lot of other things are on Facebook.
368mm yes?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

the bush included for that price, yes?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

also where do i find you on facebook? what are you listed as?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts