Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Since my previous engine work, my 1750 GTV has been running a treat. Even my brake line flange effort is still holding strong... an unexpected learning experience... ;)

Anyway, the other day I was suspicious about my brakes given the pedal feel. I popped the hood, and whether or not it's related I noticed moisture on the hoses coming down from the brake fluid reservoir.

With my last round of work, I replaced all these hoses. I appreciate the old hoses I replaced were generally cloth braided, both for the fuel hoses and the brake hoses. The replaced fuel hoses have been working fine, it's just when I popped the hood recently, for want of a better word, I'd say the brake fluid reservoir hoses have been "sweating". My local parts store didn't offer much more than what I selected (fuel hoses), but perhaps they are not sufficient?

Some forum searching helped me find newco products... and a Ferrari chat site took me to a VW spares called jbugs.

What's the official spec on these hoses? Hopefully it was just a novice error on my part.

Some late night, torch lit photos in case it's of any use....

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys, here's a better photo.. but I think I've answered my own question in that I need to find some hoses compatible with brake fluid. Newco shipping to Australia is not economical!!

The search continues...

Attachments

·
Out of the office!
11,172 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts