Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys:

I've just started restoration on a 65 GTV. I received my car back from the stripper and discovered the car's rear and truck lid had prior damage and should be replaced. I addition the floors and lower fender areas will have to go. Does anyone out there have any panels they would like to sell. I might also be interested in a 3.0L motor.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
A 3L?! You sure you dont mean 2L? Where in the world are you? That might help in getting a few responses. Did you make the rottiserie yourself?

·
Registered
11,907 Posts
Alfaholics sell panels ... and have a internet site.

Max Banks on this site is the person to contact.
Pete
ps: Also if your car was dipped check the alloy castings within the chassis rails that the steering box and idler bolt to. Not sure if there are other areas that also use this concept ...

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Hey Guys:

I've just started restoration on a 65 GTV. I received my car back from the stripper and discovered the car's rear and truck lid had prior damage and should be replaced. I addition the floors and lower fender areas will have to go. Does anyone out there have any panels they would like to sell. I might also be interested in a 3.0L motor.

Thanks
hey scooters,
what country are you in ?

Robert

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A 3L?! You sure you dont mean 2L? Where in the world are you? That might help in getting a few responses. Did you make the rottiserie yourself?
I did make the rottiserie and I did mean a 3.0L. 3 is better than 2! I have seen this transplan on the ABB. Let me know if you'd like to see more of the rottiserie.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Hey ScooterS
The reason I asked you what country you are in is because I have a few bootlids here that might help you out.
Im in Sydney Australia.
Would be better if you found one local hence the question=What country are you in.

Robert

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alfaholics sell panels ... and have a internet site.

Max Banks on this site is the person to contact.
Pete
ps: Also if your car was dipped check the alloy castings within the chassis rails that the steering box and idler bolt to. Not sure if there are other areas that also use this concept ...
I was not aware of any casting, I"ll check it out. Have you used any of Alfaholics panels. I received some Wolf panels and was not impressed.

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey ScooterS
The reason I asked you what country you are in is because I have a few bootlids here that might help you out.
Im in Sydney Australia.
Would be better if you found one local hence the question=What country are you in.

Robert
I'm in Ohio, just a bit to your west (or is it east). I will keep yours in mind if nothing here turns up.

Thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
Scooter:
Any details, drawings, etc. that you can spare would help immensely. I have two spiders and a Fiat - all in the midst of restoration. A bad back means that I cannot any longer get in, up, under and over the cars as I once used to. Now, it is time to weld up a rotisserie to assist in the body work/painting.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Dean

·
Registered
87 Posts
looks like a very handy rotisserie. THere was someone else on this forum that bought one from ebay in germany apparently.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Cant someone help poor Franjo Mokina? he needs some info on his floor mounted pedal assembly, and also some instruction on starting a new thread.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Alfahoolics and Classicalfa, I think it's the same company BTW
LMAO - in the same way that North Korea and South Korea are the same country :D

To be fair, Richard Banks (Alfaholics) and Richard Norris (ClassicAlfa) used to run Alfaholics together (in the same way that Korea was probably one country once) but that came to and end. I'll leave it at that.

They will supply new panels. I wasn't bowled over with the rear wings I had.

·
Registered
47 Posts
LMAO - in the same way that North Korea and South Korea are the same country :D

To be fair, Richard Banks (Alfaholics) and Richard Norris (ClassicAlfa) used to run Alfaholics together (in the same way that Korea was probably one country once) but that came to and end. I'll leave it at that.

They will supply new panels. I wasn't bowled over with the rear wings I had.

:D Geeezze! I bet they are the same, most products and photos are identical, prices only slightly different. Similar design etc. They are very, very close.
:D Korea, LOL :D

·
Registered
519 Posts
I dare you to ring up one of the Richards and suggest it! :D

Look through the Alfaholics site, in particular, and you find various references to "similar products" usually associated with "not to be confused with".

Anyhow - let me assure you that there's no love lost ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts