Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
We should try and ID these. I know the LHD 1969 GTVs, whether USA or Euro/Canadian had the chassis mounts further back necessitating having the trans mount slanted forward. This was to accommodate the long USA floor mounted master brake cylinder. There is a dimple on one of your mounts (the rustier one) might indicate a little extra clearance for that cylinder. The Euro GTVs also got this feature even though their shorter master cylinder did not require it.

I have seen that offset hole arrangement before but do not know the application. Berlina???

stay well

Ken

·
Registered
63 Posts
We should try and ID these....

stay well

Ken
Perhaps the OP could number each one.

This is related to a question I've had for a while: How thick are the rubber washers on either side of the transmission mount supposed to be? Does this vary by model? Here is a photo of a car sold last week on BaT - look how thick these are. Is this some kind of modified bracket? I am familiar with the black rubber pieces as shown in the OP's photo, but they are much thinner.

I will soon be reassembling my '79 S2 (removal by a previous owner, so I need to better understand these components).

Thanks,
Nathan

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey Ken,that offset hole style is from a Berlina,because I gave Roman one at Mid-Ohio two years ago.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Perhaps the OP could number each one.

This is related to a question I've had for a while: How thick are the rubber washers on either side of the transmission mount supposed to be? Does this vary by model? Here is a photo of a car sold last week on BaT - look how thick these are. Is this some kind of modified bracket? I am familiar with the black rubber pieces as shown in the OP's photo, but they are much thinner.

I will soon be reassembling my '79 S2 (removal by a previous owner, so I need to better understand these components).

Thanks,
Nathan

I have not seen anything newer that 1975 and up until then only the 3mm? thick black rubber washers.

Suggest you start a nwe thread with you question and include 79 S2 Spider in title so as to attract more knowledgeable BBers

Ken

·
Premium Member
4,533 Posts
What you see in yellow is this. Now in blue.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'd be interested in the difference in the blue and yellow. I have herd that adding the yellow one stiffened up the transmission mounting too much for enjoyable street driving. Is the blue one a little softer?
Anyone?

·
Premium Member
4,533 Posts
I think there the same. just a different color.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts