Alfa Romeo Forums banner

821 - 827 of 827 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alfa going to be scrapped

Hello guys!

I am writing you this lines from Bucharest, Romania. I am given the chance to buy a chassis of an Alfa Romeo with an engine that I suppose it is still an Alfa.

The story is simple. The car was imported in Romania immedietly after the communism regime and got dismantled with the future purpouse of restoring ( I guess ). But it remained in pieces for almost 30 years. Apart from the shell, engine and gearbox, everything else got stolen or lost away.

Its actual owner wants to scrap the car, being only an empty shell, basically. I am trying to convince him to postpone his decision.

As I am new on this website and new in the alfa world I have no idea of price parts and labour costs to make this car back in its initial form.

So, first thing first, can you please tell me what car and engine is this:
Body: AR608790
Engine: AR00548 46743

Best regards!

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Is anyone maintaining this registry? I ask because the chassis numbers being posted are all over the map and not consistent. There are also double entries that should be deleted. Also, the cell format colors are no longer being applied. Maybe it's my OCD but can't this be cleaned up?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Pat has wound down his presence here. His last post is over a year old. I'm sure the registry is pretty much automated. As you mentioned, some manual maintenance would be useful.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #827
BBers,

I did step away from the BB, but not "out" of the Alfa world - I continue to own, race, and drive my Alfas, with local friends.

The various registers continue to accept submissions automatically via Google Forms; the only maintenance required is data-cleanup once in a while, which I admit to not performing with sufficient frequency... my apologies! I'm planning on scheduling monthly maintenance sessions, going forward. The cost to run the website is around $12/year, plus my time, all of which I'm happy to continue donating to the Alfa community.

In terms of data sorting, appearance, double-entries, etc., I'd need the community's help in these. First of all, when submitting information, please follow the format-related directions on the submission form, for EACH FIELD - this affects how the entry is sorted (automatically, based on set rules) and appears in the database; for example, "*" the asterisk symbol is used in place of the "." period symbol... or vice-versa - this is a common mistake that frequently requires my correction when it comes to VINs and engine numbers, etc. - I sincerely suggest that one reads the instructions carefully, and enters the content accordingly. Secondly, as GTVs came in numerous colors over the years, I'm not able to keep up with each new entry's color cell fill-color (this was a fun features back when, but has become a real nightmare for me); the software (Google Sheets) has some automated features (if..., then statements), which don't reliably work correctly; I'll revisit this to attempt a fix. Lastly, if you've just bought a car that's already in the database, and would like to update the car's info., or if you accidentally submitted two entries for the same car, PLEASE EMAIL ME so that I can clean it up immediately; I usually respond to an inquiring email within 24 hours, to communicate "receipt" of your message.

That's about it from me for now; I'll be performing a monthly maintenance at the end/beginning of each month.

Please feel free to post here with questions, comments, or suggestions, and I'd like to thank GPRocket for bringing these issues to my attention.

821 - 827 of 827 Posts