Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

I'm rebuilding a 1962 102 Spider (2000). I am missing most of the trim, but have found a few vendors to help.

However, I'm still missing the eyebrow trim for the front (around the for lights) and have yet to see the spear segment seen on many of the bonnets (between the two air vents).

If anyone has these pieces or could direct me to a vendor for such parts, I would greatly appreciate it.

Scott in New Hampshire
[email protected]

·
Push hard and live
9,591 Posts
I was able to a new spear and eyebrow trim from Afra.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
hood trim and more in Wisconsin

Don is correct about Afra being a source.

In addition, Tom Zat in Wisconsin is listing the hood spear on eBay right now. < cosmo5p0d >

Tom was aiding 2 liter and 2600 owners 25 years ago with an informative and well written quarterly (mostly quarterly) publication that was published for 10 or 11 issues.

As Tom's eBay listings show, he has a lot of 2 liter/2600 trim and drivetrain parts in very good condition.

Richard with a 102 in Colorado

·
Push hard and live
9,591 Posts
Brief humor....

When I first sent a request for quote to Afra, they denied having the oblong eyebrows that surround the front air opening and fog/turn lights. OK, so I ordered the small trim pieces that dress the front of the two hood scoops on the hood. They sent me the air inlet/fog light trim pieces. I've ordered from Afra only about 6 or 8 times, and EVERY time they have mis-shipped me something. When I pointed out the errors to them, they deny they sent the wrong thing, and refuse to do anything about it. In this case, they researched it and said "oh yes, we did send you the wrong part. You can send it back!". This would have been due to the presumed cost of these pieces being quite a bit more than the hood scoop trim, although their price for the hood scoop trim was nearly $300. So - I kept the pieces, which they agreed to.

I recommend taking pictures as well as providing Alfa parts numbers when dealing with Afra. It will be interesting to see if they have added this oblong trim to their official stock, or if you have to order the hood scoop pieces to get them.

Their hood spear was perfect in all ways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts