Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
sometimes logical means "fits well, parts availible"

honestly tho if i had to stick with german id have never been neerly as happy and would have had to put a ton of funds into it

·
Super Moderator
10,615 Posts
sometimes logical means "fits well, parts availible"
Exactly! Much of what I've written in this thread has been pretty tongue-in-cheek. My criticism of the Bugeye's 102 2000 wasn't prejudice against that particular engine; just the sense that parts availability could be challenging. If Mr. Bugeye wanted a 2L Alfa engine under his bonnet, why not a 115 series? No, not as exotic or visually interesting, but certainly simpler to keep running. Oh well, it's probably not a high-mileage vehicle.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
most engine swaps are at best 10k mile rigs, thats the reality of custom cars built to taste, i too would have went with a later 2.0 as well, but if it was built in the 60s perhaps getting one wasnt easily done or even possible, or simply viewed as "too new", alot of guys who build this kind of stuff want to stay "true to the era" and will only swap to similar year range stuff even if its from the other side of the world, and while i totaly get it some choices leave you wondering ***, i look at it this way..anything NOT useing a SBC or SBF for the swap is good in my book

·
Super Moderator
10,615 Posts
Well the BaT auction has ended, with a price of $15,750 and a "reserve not met" result.

A lot of auctions have not reached their reserves lately on BaT, so perhaps the choice of the Alfa 102 engine wasn't the reason for this car's failure to sell. Clearly this car cost a lot more than $15,750 to build, so even if the builder knew he would never get all his money back, he apparently wasn't willing to take that great a loss.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I like it. But then again, as a young man I thought it was a fine idea to plop a 260 cubic inch Ford in my '59 Bugeye. Decades ago. Talk about a wild ride. Never reached my goal of putting a Cobra-ized 289 in it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts