Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have a clear picture of what the clips that hold the moulding under the doors look like? Part number is 102.05.59.112.00. I have the parts catalogue but the pic is not clear. A source for replacements would also be appreciated.

·
Push hard and live
9,588 Posts
I don't have any experience with either the 2000 or 2600 Sprint. However, the above picture looks much like what we do on the 2000 Roadster.

As near as I can make out from the picture, I believe the original trim clips were like the spring clip shown below the trim strip in the above picture. However, these are an unreliable method of clipping the trim, so somewhere along the way the attachment clip shown IN the trim strip was devised. This is essentially a piece of steel with a hole drilled in it and a 4mm or 5mm threaded rod welded into it. Then the piece is slid into the trim strip, poked through the various holes, and a nut attached on the back side.

On the Roadster, this works in several places. However, it is impossible to get behind the panel in other places, so the spring-clip is used - or nothing at all. At the very front and rear of the trim strip, a piece is made with the welded threaded rod, but the rod is very long and bent at an angle so each projects all the way through into the front and rear wheel wells. This approach makes sure the trim strip arrives at the same place you do.

I was able to buy new spring clips from TST-Rettburg, but in the end I used very few of them, preferring the threaded clip instead.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Vehicle is undergoing a back to bare metal respray. Will head to the paint shop with this info. In the meantime having trouble finding TST-Rettberg website that works.

·
Push hard and live
9,588 Posts
They are in Germany

Tstrettburg.de

1 - 8 of 8 Posts