Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the water pump pulley for a 1962 Spider. This pulley takes the plastic fan. I will take the complete water pump with the pulley if that is the only way you will sell it.
IMG_0454.JPG
IMG_0455.JPG

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
If you send me the offset of the face of the fan mount to the CL of the pulley groove we might be able to skin this cat.

·
Super Moderator
11,548 Posts
This adaptor was made of cast iron and used on transitional 1300-101 cars. It allows use of a plastic fan with the adaptor bolted to the main shaft of the 101-1300 water pump. There IS a replica made in G.B. by an Alfa parts supplier, but it is made from aluminum, the pulley not as tough as the original iron version. I used to have quite a few of these, but now only one, not for sale. Should I need another, I would probably have a good machine shop with CNC equipment, scan my iron one and make up several in mild steel. Not inexpensive, and I've no idea why the GB copy is aluminum where the belt WILL wear the aluminum pulley unless it's a hard alloy and DLH coated.

·
Super Moderator
11,548 Posts
I make special reduced diameter crank pulley's for race engine use of aluminum. The alloy used is VERY hard, and lighter than steel, but not as light as billet aluminum. I used to make these of billet, but had to sleeve the front seal area, and the belt groove still would wear. My new hard ones need no sleeve, and the belt groove does not wear. They are DLH coated. Again, if there was demand for the adaptor, the best material would still be steel.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
These pulleys are hard to find so few were made.I don't see one in my Giulietta or Giulia 101 parts books.FWIW,the new Alfastop reproduction pulleys are touted as high grade aluminum and anodized.Tony also mentions that it is similar to PT#101.12.07.201.01,(I think incorrect)that pulley turns out to be for the later type 1600 water pump with an extended shaft where the pulley is secured to it with a grub screw.I offered Spiderman an original,but he said he has already found one,lucky guy.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts