Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I’m after a 101 spider steering wheel as pictured. Needs to be in useable condition.
I’m chasing for a friend who does not use the internet. His wheel is beyond repair as pictured.
I’m located in Sydney, Australia. Let me know what you have please.
Regards Daniel
822B8004-85AA-46B4-A939-FA69879B9EF3.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
11,775 Posts
There are 2 types of these. Early has aluminum frame exposed on the inside, later, to production end has the aluminum completely encapsulated in the acrylic.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hi Daniel and Gordon,

Daniel,
Fwiw, I saw in the catalog that the late Giulia 101 RHD Spiders had another Alfa number for the steering wheel than the LHD cars. I don't know what could be the difference but I thought I mentioned it anyway for in case you would buy another steering wheel. Maybe another owner of a RHD spider can give some more information about any difference.
The hub is not mentioned, so normally that part wouldn't be changed.
I have no data about the 1300 - 101 RHD Spiders, sorry.

Gordon,
I saw in a 1966 amendment to the 101 Giulia catalog that the Alfa number for that type of steering wheel changed indeed. Until now I didn't know why. I would now be tempted to conclude carefully that this was for the encapsulated aluminium as you said. Thanks for sharing your wisdom again.

Rgds,

Thierry

·
Registered
143 Posts
is it the same as the earlt 65 gt wheel? It looks like it from the photo- except horn button, i know of one in Hobart.

·
Super Moderator
11,775 Posts
No it's not. They are different.

Reactions: Karter7

·
Registered
817 Posts
slots in spokes are different, What car is it going on Daniel

·
Administrator
3,900 Posts
is it the same as the early 65 gt wheel? It looks like it from the photo- except horn button, i know of one in Hobart.
Gordon is right, while the 101 Giulia & 105 Sprint GT wheels look much the same, the hubs are totally different & they are not interchangeable as a 105 wheel on a 101 car is 3" closer to the driver with a large gap between the boss & the steering shroud

Ciao
Greig

·
Super Moderator
11,775 Posts
Thanks Greig. I KNEW they differed, and did not interchange, but YOU have the why. I've a REALLY neat 101 late wheel. I'll send you some photos. A 50 year project!

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you like this...it only needs polish!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts