Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a good, used 101 Spider dash cap molding trim that fits between the heater vents and the windshield, AR 101.03.63.012.00/01

I was chasing one on Ebay, but the ad was pulled before the trim was sold; strange.

Alfa Stop has them on an occasional basis...

Thanks,

Ray

·
Premium Member
3,075 Posts
I have one, need a box or tube for it. I think the last I sent I got a box from the UPS store. It’s very straight, needs paint obviously, $100.00 plus the box and UPS? F0CC0CB7-EB89-41AE-8862-83B0F2F56739.jpeg BD3E2BEC-D7E8-4686-A4CD-DE804D178E4B.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fred,

Recently, I was about to buy another one, but a photo of the middle section revealed that the screw hole had been ovaled out to the point that it was going to need major surgery!

Any photos of the middle of yours?

Thanks,

Ray

Reactions: justcallmefred

·
Super Moderator
12,327 Posts
Buy from Fred. No disappointments. This thingie is not an easy find.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
The screws should not be more than slightly snug to only compress a split washer.and the proper metric oval.. The strip will otherwise crack at the screw holes.. very brittle stuff

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fred,
And we have a winner!

You should still have my address. Send me a PM with payment particulars.

Thanks

Uncle,
That would explain the chewed-up, ragged condition I’ve seen on a number of these offered for sale. Are these made from straight aluminum or aluminum and something else?

Gordon,
Let Pickle know that his vote swayed it for me😜

ATB,

Ray

·
Super Moderator
12,327 Posts
Cleaned up they resemble counter top edge moulding. Made of soft aluminum, but bent, will crack at screw holes.
They were crinkle black painted when new, but dash heat over time caused the crinkle to flake off. Those that did not flake, collected dust and were impossible to clean. I painted mine with a modern flat black. No flaking, easy to clean off the dust, and appears original.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Probably an extrusion with some other metals like zinc in it .. very unforgiving to monkeying with the bends as I recall especially at the weakest points where the holes are.

·
Premium Member
3,075 Posts
Fred,
And we have a winner!

You should still have my address. Send me a PM with payment particulars.

Thanks

Uncle,
That would explain the chewed-up, ragged condition I’ve seen on a number of these offered for sale. Are these made from straight aluminum or aluminum and something else?

Gordon,
Let Pickle know that his vote swayed it for me😜

ATB,

Ray
Ray I wish I were that organized! Please email it to me again- [email protected] which you will need anyway for PayPal Will get the shipping quoted and let you know. Amen to everyone who said install it carefully!

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For sure; less metal to work with in those locations. Good to know these things as I have a predisposition for monkeying with stuff.

So, Bob's your uncle and we're good to go.

Wait a second! That rascal Bob isn't our uncle, is he?! I thought Sam and Uncle were our uncles! You can't let your guard down for a minute around here or you'd be in a "pickle". Pickle?!

Does it ever end!;)

Ray

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Uncle, Gordon,

Should counter-sunk Philips or slotted screws be used on this? I've seen both in photos and MC has both.

Those look to be between 25-30 mm in length; right?

ACE may carry them, as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts