Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not sure what model this came off but I don't think it's from a 750 so probably 101 or early 105. Looks like it will clean up just fine. Includes the phenolic carb spacer which seems to go missing on a lot of projects. $32 + shipping (10 lbs from MD 21740). Send me your zip code for an accurate shipping quote. EDIT: Those in the know indicate that this is early 105. Make an offer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,122 Posts
I'm thinking early 105 because of the three bosses for the air filter can bolts. One of the water hose fittings has been changed.
Andrew

·
Super Moderator
3,484 Posts
Andrew is right, it's from a 105 Series Giulia, the very first of them without the booster, hence no vacuum one way valve.

Looks very similar to the 101 manifold, except the hose fittings are under the carb, whereas on a 101 the hose fittings are under the thermostat. If you fit this to a 101, the hose fittings will bang on the upper frame rail in the engine bay. You can get past this by removing the hose fittings & blanking them off... of course this means no heater.

Aye
Greig

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Andrew is right, it's from a 105 Series Giulia, the very first of them without the booster, hence no vacuum one way valve.
Thanks guys, I'll correct my ebay listing. This thing will cost about as much to ship as I'm asking for it so it may wind up in my neighbor's aluminum recycle bin. I'll float it out there for a few months before that happens though.

·
Super Moderator
3,484 Posts
Actually Bill, I've done a bit more research and it seems that the manifold is a '63 onwards Giulia 101 as well as very early non-booster 105 part. Alfa blended 101 & 105 parts a bit during the run-out of 101 and the ramp up of 105

So correct for '63 onwards 101 Giulia 1600 Sprint/Spider - no issues with clearance on the hose fittings as the motor is taller

Equally correct for very early 105 sedan pre the brake booster

Cheers
Greig

1 - 10 of 10 Posts