Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Dennis, are you referring to the seal that is mounted to the stamped metal shield that mounts to the inner door sill? Or the vertical seal on top of the door for 101 Giulia's? See photos to identify.

Cheers,

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,217 Posts
That second door looks familiar George:rolleyes:...? What about this neat one? The odd double part one.;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
That second door looks familiar George:rolleyes:...? What about this neat one? The odd double part one.;)
Your right Gordon, the one photo is yours. I didn't think you would mind.:D

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Gordon, I never did solve the sealing issue of the top front edge of the door. Do you have a seal on the body sill just below the windshield post area? This seal is only on the later 101 series Giulie's as you said.

George

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,217 Posts
RJ, Rubber rust? Thats Alfa factory orange glue everywhere. Just as good as rubber rust, but never gets worse.
George, As mine is a late Giulia, it seems to have seals all around the door, either on the body or door. I will get you some more pictures with subtitles now that my camera is back from repair. Expect E-Mails!

·
Super Moderator
11,217 Posts
Hi Dennis,
This is the part that is inside the leading edge of the passenger door. The picture (camera) was tipped to get as much as possible in the picture. The curved part is the top of the door, and a curved rubber is attached there that runs around the curve, and is then glued together with some of Richard Jemisons "rust colored glue":rolleyes: until it's end slips into the straight rubber piece that runs down the straight leading edge of the door. Complicated. Here's that photo again.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Gordon,

I am trying to find a correct seal replacement for the curved seal in your last post on this thread. I have the seal the goes along the backside and bottom edge but it looks much smaller in profile the the curved piece in your post. Do you know a source for verifying if that is truly the correct seal and if so, where might I find one? Also a source for the wide, U-shaped foam seal that is crushed by a piece of trim on the front of the inside of the door?

Thanks in advance for your reply and for dredging up this topic again. It's so hard to find definitive answers on these seals!

-Xander

·
Super Moderator
11,217 Posts
These are all re-manufactured seals today, and are often not quite 100% as originals, requiring some fitting for perfect fit and function. Mine pictured are originals from 1965 production. Depending on your "seek-and-find" abilities, you will discover that most replica rubber is actually manufactured by only one or two sources, most in Europe.
Start with Ok parts and Engineering in Germany; Christian Ondrak. Compare that to similar items available in G.B. then again to items from Centerline and other US Alfa part dealers. I would not shop just for price, as the labor involved for correct installation is the big item. A cheaper part that does not fit, or requires hours of labor to get it to fit correctly, is easily outweighed by a more costly part from wherever, that is a better fit!
This is just my opinion from my own experiences.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts